2021-22 GM of the Year

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Voting for 2021-22 GM of the Year is now open. Please send your votes to @CameronCrazy06 via PM *ON THIS SITE*. I would encourage anyone who feels they deserve the award to make a case for themselves, and for everybody to wait to hear said cases before casting your vote. The more discussion/debate we get in this thread, the better.

While you can make a case for yourself, you cannot vote for yourself.

Voting will close when the playoffs begin. It's a regular season award. Always a chance you could get paid for voting, so you should vote. Just fucking vote.

Past Winners:

2020-21: Will
2019-20: CameronCrazy06
2018-19: $tunna
2017-18: Will
2016-17: Cheddar
2015-16: GMOTY
2014-15: CameronCrazy06
2013-14: DJT
2012-13: Cheddar
2011-12: .G9
2010-11: daulten780

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not gonna win but imma throw my name in the ring

I didn’t win GMOTY in the year I won the title, for the consensus reasoning of “Free Agency is a RNG” and that Avery Bradley somehow didn’t have the foresight to come here to win a title...idk i’m pretty sure he was always gonna choose me ;)

And in Year 1, I won my title. In Year 2, I thought I was gonna have a great shot at being the first to go back-to-back in this league.. until Kawhi died right before the playoffs. We lost in 6 games in the 2nd round, as much as Bradley tried to carry us.

But now i’m heading into this offseason, with no cap space to sign FAs, and my top 3 guys (Bradley, Leonard, and Bledsoe) are over the age of 30 and are surely going to regress — if not this year then the next. And I knew once AB & EB were in their final years in 2022, I wasn’t going to get fair offers for either (although apparently that happened a year earlier, getting offers like a backup PG and a guy who was flipped for a #gorebounder for Bradley).

So within the season, I was able to flip Kawhi and Bradley, and in return was able to lock down two of the most promising young big men in the league in Zion Williamson and John Collins, both extremely desired by the rest of the GMs in the league. Those two, combined with Steph Turner, offer YEARS of competitive basketball to come, and could impose a major threat if their developments peak like they intend to, as a strong majority of the league has sacrificed their interior presence for 3pt shooting PGs.

Don’t look at my record. I was mostly fucking around all year between Inside and Outside focuses and using suboptimal DCs to get Sharing Is Caring. What you should focus is my 4 more years of control on 25 year old John Collins, 6 years for 22 year old Zion Williamson, and 7 years for 25 year old Steph Turner. Instead of using luck to sign FAs, or tanking an entire season away, I was still able to make the playoffs while completely re-forming my teams identity from chucking 3s to low post offense, and in the process extending my window by 3+ years than had I not made those moves

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I came into the season with two goals: have the worst record in the league and save youth. I accomplished both goals. Vote for me.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Finished the year with the most wins and tyreke finished with the highest ppg in the league. And I flipped my team around a lot once again. And just let me get it finally lol

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Congratulations to @.infamous for winning the 2021-22 GM of the Year.

Full voting:

.inf (4)
xbrackattackx (1)
daulten780 (1)
Will (1)
Mexi (1)

Please claim $2 if you voted. Honestly, a pathetic turnout. From now on, if you do not vote for GMOTY, your re-signings will not be processed. Something has to change.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks for the votes guys. Finally got it. Hopefully I can make you guys proud!! Lol

Will

Reaction score
Ah damn forgot to get my vote in, my bad. Vote would of gone to inf, congrats man.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bummed i didnt vote for this. missed it. pretty sure ive voted every season. voted a lot for david too, so im glad he got it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%