2019 NBA Playoff Thread

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After all the talk about CP3 getting hurt last year ruining their chances of beating GS, the Rockets caught a huge break with the KD injury.

If Houston doesn't win this series, I'm cancelling them.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Remember when Rodney Hood was unplayable on LeBron's team?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rodney Hood and George Hill sticking it to "LeGM"

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/samstaydipped/status/1124556487487967232?s=19

CoachAF

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:

I understand your point, but there's no way a guy that's averaging 35/5/5 on 50/40/90 being out is going to hurt the Rockets. lol

I think the Warriors will miss Durant on the defensive side more than anything. He was playing the best D on Harden than any other Warrior. The Warriors have enough offensive firepower with or without Durant. 

CoachAF

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
After all the talk about CP3 getting hurt last year ruining their chances of beating GS, the Rockets caught a huge break with the KD injury.

If Houston doesn't win this series, I'm cancelling them.

The Rockets need to step up for sure. But even if they lose, it's not as if they choked. GSW is going to steamroll every other team they play if they move on. Not one game has been won by more than 6 points in this series. These are the two best teams in the league going head 2 head. Someone will win, and someone will lose. If the Rockets lose this series it is not Harden's fault. CP3 has been trash and Capela has been so bad, MDA had to go with a 4 guard +Tucker lineup for stretches of the 2nd half last night. 

I am confident they will win tonight, and then everything will come down to a Game 7. Anything can happen. I hope a Rockets victory is the end result. Even if it isn't, I won't give up hope.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
This Houston team is not the second best team in the league. Milwaukee, Toronto, and Philly are all better. Denver might be too.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Houston should have blown that game open early. Instead, they walked in like a win was a given. Look what happens.

If every player had the heart displayed by PJ Tucker and Eric Gordon every night, that'd make a difference

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just an awesome performance from the Warriors. Champion level game from them. Absolutely love Steph, Klay, and Draymond on their own, can't wait for the role player to go attempt to save the Knicks.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Houston should have blown that game open early. Instead, they walked in like a win was a given. Look what happens.

If every player had the heart displayed by PJ Tucker and Eric Gordon every night, that'd make a difference
Gordon? Lol. That guy plays real basketball like I play video games.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Just an awesome performance from the Warriors. Champion level game from them. Absolutely love Steph, Klay, and Draymond on their own, can't wait for the role player to go attempt to save the Knicks.
100%.

Pre-KD Warriors were so much fun

CoachAF

Reaction score
I got nothing. I feel just as ripped apart this year as I did last year. Ultimately, I think this is a result of poor coaching and Capela going AWOL. MDA could seriously not switch anything up to try and adjust to Looney tearing us apart? Just like last year with 0 for 27, he made zero adjustments. I'll accept all Rockets hate at this point, but I won't tolerate any Harden slander. He showed up this series. His team didn't. 

BwareDWare94 said:
This Houston team is not the second best team in the league. Milwaukee, Toronto, and Philly are all better. Denver might be too.

Disagree here. I'd take the Rockets over every single one of those teams. It's all about the match-up. GSW are the better team than us. This much is evident. But I swear the crux of the rockets issues with GSW is in their heads. It's a mental thing now. We are the 00's Kings to the Lakers. We just can't get past them. That doesn't mean we aren't better than the rest. We are. I'd bet large sums of money on that.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I don't find Houston's roster all that great around Harden and Paul. Paul, for one, is old now. Capela is too limited offensively. Eric Gordon is either spectacular or invisible. PJ Tucker is a damn bulldog (my favorite player on the team) but his 3 ball is less consistent than Ariza's. The bench is, like Gordon, great or invisible. Milwaukee and Toronto have better rosters. Philadelphia and Denver have younger talent and more cohesiveness. Houston isn't good enough to beat GSW, period. And GSW is too good for anyone to beat to begin with. Houston can hang their hat on finally being a good defensive team these past two seasons. They can say they'd have won it all last year if not for Paul's injury, and they likely would have but it's not a given. They can whine about officiating but their own superstar goes to the line significantly more than anyone in the league.

Bring in some youth.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Holy shit the last 2 fouls called on Toronto are bullshit, and in between those two fouls, Embiid ran over Lowry on the other end. Ridiculous.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Holy shit the last 2 fouls called on Toronto are bullshit, and in between those two fouls, Embiid ran over Lowry on the other end. Ridiculous.
Nice to see your posts evolving

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%