2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I think you're being unfair to Kershaw. He's the best pitcher in baseball and has been for years.
trust me, not anymore

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:

Should be telling yourself that. You're always down on him.
Not as much lately. You've been gone for awhile. He's okay. Nothing special, but he has a 3.38 era against any team not named Toronto.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Talk of machado being "the worst shortstop in baseball " has been greatly exaggerated

Orioles pitching sucked. Orioles defensive placement sucked. Orioles pitchers missed their spots a lot and balls put in play reached spots they weren't supposed to

Now enter the dodgers. The team who used 6'4 corey seager at short. Not one to make the elite play, but a guy always put in the right spot and made the routine plays

Manny is a lot better than seager at short. Turns a mean DP at 3rd and SS

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
trust me, not anymore
The same way Jansen was the best closer last year and became ordinary this year?

There are so many pitchers that get doubted and come back to their regular selves. John Lackey, Justin Verlander last year.

Kershaw is still the best in baseball. Comparing him to Bueller is a joke.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Talk of machado being "the worst shortstop in baseball " has been greatly exaggerated

Orioles pitching sucked. Orioles defensive placement sucked. Orioles pitchers missed their spots a lot and balls put in play reached spots they weren't supposed to

Now enter the dodgers. The team who used 6'4 corey seager at short. Not one to make the elite play, but a guy always put in the right spot and made the routine plays

Manny is a lot better than seager at short. Turns a mean DP at 3rd and SS
If you want exaggeration, read your own post. I never said Machado was the worst shortstop, I said he was overrated and won't get the Dodgers over the top.

I was talking about just Porcello in this debate, but regardless, both of you are viewing me as being irrational without you having any reason behind it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
If you want exaggeration, read your own post. I never said Machado was the worst shortstop, I said he was overrated and won't get the Dodgers over the top.
I was talking about just Porcello in this debate, but regardless, both of you are viewing me as being irrational without you having any reason behind it.
oh not you
Everyone said it

Metrics said it

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
The same way Jansen was the best closer last year and became ordinary this year?
There are so many pitchers that get doubted and come back to their regular selves. John Lackey, Justin Verlander last year.
Kershaw is still the best in baseball. Comparing him to Bueller is a joke.
jansen and kershaw are ordinary now

Pretty sad

Kershaw was going starts barely touching 90
At best hes 91 now

Kenley hasnt struck out the side all season, walks guys now and blows saves. Not as much since april, but he's definitely not the best closer anymore

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
oh not you
Everyone said it

Metrics said it
But remember, in 2017 Seager was the best shortstop in baseball. No one could compare.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Well it was pretty obvious when the metrics at third rated him as one of the top up with Arenado.

Versus short, which ranked him among the worst

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seager is the best shortstop in the NL clearly
Or machado depending on who is playing short

But seager cant stay healthy and lindor is good

Ill take seager over correa and probably every ss except lindor still

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Well it was pretty obvious when the metrics at third rated him as one of the top up with Arenado.
Versus short, which ranked him among the worst
im telling you, that stuff was on the Os

He is not the worst ss lol. I watch him everyday

And even fhe biggest stat head out there will tell you defensive metrics arent great

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's outrageous how people still think I dislike Rick Porcello. I admit he's not my favorite, but he's not that bad this year. He's just very much average. He has good qualities, notably that he throws strikes and walks few guys, something he has over Joe Kelly by a long shot.

So stop saying I have all this hate towards the guy. He's not my favorite, but I can live with him if he's average and we still win games.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Seager is the best shortstop in the NL clearly
Or machado depending on who is playing short

But seager cant stay healthy and lindor is good

Ill take seager over correa and probably every ss except lindor still
That's like saying you'd take Rich Hill over Kershaw when he's healthy.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He just got destroyed but how tf is Verlander having a cy young type of season at 35?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Pitchers aren't allowed to give up runs. Doug Fister didn't die for this.
How about make sense? You completely fail at baiting here, it's so obvious... Get a life for once and stop trying to bait people because you sound like an ass.

Post something about baseball instead of all this baiting rubbish directed TOWARD ME. I'm not more important than baseball on here.

Or you can still be that kid who seeks attention if it really bothers you.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
snipezo said:
He just got destroyed but how tf is Verlander having a cy young type of season at 35?
Who said he was having a Cy Young season?

One bad start will not destroy him and maybe he's not 100% what he used to be, but he is still a damn good pitcher.

If you cared to look into his stats, you'd know that there are years where he was ordinary and years where he was extra ordinary. All in all, he's a damn good pitcher.

Last year before the trade, I heard some people here say he was done... But then he got traded and was phenomenal. Oh, and no one jumped on those posters when they were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%