2018 MLB Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachAF

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:

I mean like the witness was out of the country and refused to cooperate.

You know, it's funny...Adrian Peterson beats a child senseless, but people don't raise hell when he signs with the Redskins. Chapman beats a girl, but people don't seem to care when he is on the mound for the Yankees. This is virtue signalling at it's finest. People are latching around the latest case in an effort to make themselves look pious. Am I defending what he did, or maybe did not do? Absolutely not. I firmly stand against all types of abuse. All i know is that I have done things in my life I am not proud of. I am glad I was given a second chance to make up for those things. There are guys in the Astros clubhouse that have been pretty demonstratively against those things he was accused of (Verlander/McCullers). They have since had nothing but outstanding things to say about him. I'll trust the people who know him and have more information than me. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
What I have a problem with is them saying they have a zero tolerance policy and then justifying employing him by saying it didnt happen under their watch. Its just convenient. I dont have a problem with having him, just dont take that stance and then try to skate around it.

CoachAF

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
What I have a problem with is them saying they have a zero tolerance policy and then justifying employing him by saying it didnt happen under their watch. Its just convenient. I dont have a problem with having him, just dont take that stance and then try to skate around it.

This is the other thing I find funny. People want to make it all about semantics. They took that stance with Julio Lugo and others in the past, but maybe there was a circumstance with Osuna that warranted an exception in their eyes. Again, most of the details of what happened are not public knowledge. That argument seems like sour grapes to me. People just don't like that the Astros got him. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Why would I, or anybody for that matter, care that the Astros got him? 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who the hell cares what Verlander & McCullers think of that abuser now that they're his teammate? News flash, abusers can be very charming, and you know, typically dont beat their partners in the presence of others

You can still be an Astros fan and not support him at all. Ain't that hard

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Red Sox take another lead that they definitely wont keep

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
3-0 is nothing against the Yankees.

That 5-0 lead Friday evaporated to two pretty quickly.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Rick porcello beating the Yankees in a close out game is everything this forum needed when pwn was here

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
3-0 is nothing against the Yankees.

That 5-0 lead Friday evaporated to two pretty quickly.
duuuude you gotta chill

you're actually becoming pwn tbh

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Honestly... I think Judge coulda caught that.

He should have at least tried.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
But if CC is gonna make smart ass comments, he's gonna smart ass responses.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean it is over haha y'all killed them last night and their bats have gone completely cold

That being said, Yankees in 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%