2017 NFL Gameday Thread

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can we take Derek Carr out of the HOF now?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Is Todd Gurley the MVP front runner now?
Brady will win the award, but it will feel a little cheapened since this season has not been up to Tom's standard

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
It really should go to Gurley, at this point

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Gurley's playing great, but he's just being attributed as an MVP candidate because he's the #1 RB this year. But overall its a down year in the league for RBs

If he runs for <170yds in a near-meaningless Wk17 game, he's going to finish as the lowest leader in rushing yards since 1990.

Brady is still 1st in yards, 2nd in Comp%, 3rd in TDs... nearly Top 5 in every stat while leading his team to the 1 seed. It's also always been a QB driven stat, and Gurley hasn't separated himself like AP did to win the award.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Gurley's playing great, but he's just being attributed as an MVP candidate because he's the #1 RB this year. But overall its a down year in the league for RBs

If he runs for <170yds in a near-meaningless Wk17 game, he's going to finish as the lowest leader in rushing yards since 1990.

Brady is still 1st in yards, 2nd in Comp%, 3rd in TDs... nearly Top 5 in every stat while leading his team to the 1 seed. It's also always been a QB driven stat, and Gurley hasn't separated himself like AP did to win the award.
Thats only his rushing yards

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And Gurley will probably win OPOY (maybe AB if he didn't get hurt), but historically the MVP award has gone to a QB unless another player has had an absurd season

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Again, very good season overall. Not an MVP season
He has one game left? Hes one good game away from a 2300 yard season. As you said yourself, Toms numbers arent great. All the other candidates are dropping like flies with injuries. Hes got a good shot to win it.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
hes not gonna have more yards than demarco or foster did. 2300 yards is ridiculous because they have a playoff game next week. if hes even close to being on pace for that many yards hell be taken out to preserve himself for next week, when it actually matters.

in fact if i were mcvay id want to be the 4 seed and not have to play the vikings, so i wouldnt play my starters for that long. no way does gurley go for 200+

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Thats fine. It still doesnt account for the down year we have candidates wise.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Thats fine. It still doesnt account for the down year we have candidates wise.
which is why brady will win, even though we've both admitted he hasn't been up to Brady standards. He's still been good enough to win MVP

Jimmer

Hypebeast
Reaction score
Imo, MVP could be one of three players. Todd Gurley, Le’Veon Bell, or Big Ben

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jimmer said:
Was he ever in?
Shit... last year he and Dak prescott were GOATs. I’m surprised we didn’t get a Cowboys vs Raiders Super Bowl this year

Jimmer

Hypebeast
Reaction score
AE. said:
Shit... last year he and Dak prescott were GOATs. I’m surprised we didn’t get a Cowboys vs Raiders Super Bowl this year
I personally never thought Prescott was as good as every made him out to be. They act like the Cowboys didn’t have one of the best Olines or a top WR in Dez. Prescott has good short accuracy but his Long Ball look meh to me. Carr did have an absurd season last season Year. He could have won MVP if he hadn’t gotten injured.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
which is why brady will win, even though we've both admitted he hasn't been up to Brady standards. He's still been good enough to win MVP
I think it would have gone to Wentz had he stayed healthy. He'd have likely surpassed 40 TDs at the rate he was going. It's too bad. You also have to think Watson would have been in the mix because the pace he was at as a rookie was unprecedented. I thought he threw too many picks but for most rookies that's par for the course.

If the Seahawks had clinched a playoff berth by now, we'd be looking at Wilson as a shoe-in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%