We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dudes gotta be a first rounder

he sounds just like Jordan Reed

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not as polished as a receiver as Reed was coming out.  Better athlete, though.  He also has the frame to become an adequate blocker, which I don't think Reed will ever be.

Njoku's arms are literally three feet long.  Well, almost.  His wingpan is only like 3 inches shorter than Lebron's.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
when the hell is this draft and who are the browns taking? 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It seems like the NFL is really overthinking with Watson. I've seen a lot of rumors lately that he's gonna be the 3rd QB off the board, which seems crazy to me. I feel like people are just looking for flaws and reasons to knock him, while they overlook the problems with other guys like Trubisky or Mahomes. His evaluation should be a layup. Three year starter, back-to-back National Championship games, led the comeback to beat Bama. What more do you want him to do? I get the arguments about his accuracy, decision making, and whatever else, but he's the only QB in this class that I could confidently say will be a solid starter in the NFL at some point. I think he has the highest floor of the top 4 QB's, and while he might not have a higher ceiling than someone like Mahomes, I think he's much more likely to reach his ceiling than any of the other 3 guys.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
His ball velocity of 49mph is something to definitely be concerned about. He seems like a Bridgewater 2.0, which isn't bad but imo isn't getting a peak star QB either

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yep, I saw the velo numbers. I think the only guy with low velo who has gone on to have success in the NFL is Tyrod, iirc. There may be others who just didn't throw at the combine, but that number is concerning just because the precedent is so bad.

And I was a big Teddy guy too fwiw.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Derek Rivers is legit. He might be there when the Eagles pick in Round 2, but I'd be elated to get him at 14. I'd rather take him than any of the other guys who are gonna be available there.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hooker and Adams are going to be the next Reed and Polamalu.

These guys are gonna terrorize the league for the next decade.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the ball velocity at all guys. Watch the damn tape, he can make all the throws. Those ball velocity test can vary wildly. QB1.

Also, if anyone cares, I've got Josh Dobbs > Mahomes and Trubisky.

Edit

FWIW, Mahomes threw 60 at the combine, then went on NFLN and did it and his first try at it was 56, then a few later it was 62. Does anyone know how many attempts they take at the combine? If only one, then there definitely is room to improve. I'm sure an NFL strength and conditioning program/QB coaching can help too. Can we all seriously sit here and say guys like Drew Bress would be throwing 55 mph?

TTN2810

Reaction score
QUARTERBACKS/SCHOOL/VALUE
DeShaun Watson/Clemson/93
2 DeShone Kizer/Notre Dame/89
3 Josh Dobbs/Tennessee/89
4 Mitch Trubisky/North Carolina/85
5 Patrick Mahomes/Texas Tech/77
6 Davis Webb/Cal/74
7 Brad Kaaya/Miami/74
8 Nathan Peterman/Pitt/73
9 Chad Kelly/Ole Miss/72
10 Jerod Evans/Virginia Tech/71

EDIT: Fuck this formatting, but I think you'll get the idea.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Honestly, I keep going back and fourth with Trubisky. I like a lot of his game, I just don't see the "it" factor with him. My head tells me he's probably the most likely to succeed though. These QB rankings are from two weeks ago, still gonna do one more update before the draft I think.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Malik Hooker's range is basically the entire length of the goddamn field. He covers so much ground so quickly. Between him and Adams, I don't know who I like more, but those two are definitely my favorite DB prospects to come out in quite some time.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Agreed man. Hooker is my #1 prospect. A few months ago I posted here that he was my fave prospect ever, and that hasn't changed. I love me some Hooker. Pun intended.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Watson isn't his velocity, it's his wild and inaccurate tendencies, which combined with a lack of velocity is a huge read flag for me at least

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This thought popped in my head over the weekend about Trubisky: There have been so many QB's who look good their first year starting, and probably would have been high draft picks if they entered the draft or were draft eligible, but the next year came back to school and killed their stock. Who's to say that Trubisky isn't one of these guys? Dudes like Hackenberg and Petty would have gone early if they could have entered after their first year starting. The first year can be really deceiving, I mean guys like Bryn Renner and Devin Gardner were projected 1st rounders the offseason before their draft years.

That's just another cause for concern I have with Trubisky. I think I'm out on him, I wouldn't take him top 10 or in the 1st round even.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jevan Snead went from #1 pick to undrafted basically overnight.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Barkley was drafted in the 4th solely because his name was linked as a "future #1 pick" for like 7 years. I remember ESPN showing his HS games live because of the hype he was getting, and it wasn't until the year he was drafted that he stopped getting that top pick reputation

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is all word of mouth, but the Saints reportedly like McCaffrey so much that they are considering moving up to get him, or would run to the podium if he's there at 11. If he's gone they would pick the top available corner. They supposedly like Conley over Lattimore.

Also talk of taking Evan Engram at #32.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't see McCaffrey falling to 11 tbh

i'll do a mock at some point, even though i haven't really been doing much this year

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wanted to do one but either don't have the time or am just to lazy lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%