2017 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Hes our number one fan
I'm guessing that was sarcasm, which was very unnecessary.

The only reason we won this game is not because of our poor offense, but because the Yankees blew it.

A walk off walk is so lame, considering how we had so many hits that amounted to nothing. We should have been ahead from the start.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
its sarcasm because it seems like you shit more on the Red Sox than Felger does, and yet you call yourself a Sox fan

like seriously if your username wasnt what it is, I wouldnt think youd be a Red Sox fan at all

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I'm guessing that was sarcasm, which was very unnecessary.

The only reason we won this game is not because of our poor offense, but because the Yankees blew it.

A walk off walk is so lame, considering how we had so many hits that amounted to nothing. We should have been ahead from the start.
Im just saying there is no need to be a negative nancy in every post. It gets old

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmao you guys need to chill

If he wants to be neg let him

Im positive with the dodgers usually and all people want to do (here or otherwise) is say yeah but youre gonna lose in the nlds again. You're gonna choke

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
its sarcasm because it seems like you shit more on the Red Sox than Felger does, and yet you call yourself a Sox fan

like seriously if your username wasnt what it is, I wouldnt think youd be a Red Sox fan at all
I just have high standards. I want the Red Sox to have the Dodger's record right now in order to call them good.

I'm all for an exciting game. Winning on a walk off walk after a couple errors isn't that exciting.

We better sweep or we suck.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Lmao you guys need to chill

If he wants to be neg let him

Im positive with the dodgers usually and all people want to do (here or otherwise) is say yeah but youre gonna lose in the nlds again. You're gonna choke
because the dodgers are #betas #losers #ring5 #brodie 

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I just have high standards. I want the Red Sox to have the Dodger's record right now in order to call them good.

I'm all for an exciting game. Winning on a walk off walk after a couple errors isn't that exciting.

We better sweep or we suck.
then you're going to be disappointed almost every year. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
snipezo said:
yeah exactly

i dont want to root for the team that you know is going to choke and lose in the nlds every year

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
snipezo said:
Okay, it's time for my monolouge since I'm not getting it all out in as cohesive of a way I want to.

I wasn't disappointed in 2013.  I loved that team.  The 2007 team was far more boring compared to the 2013 team.  2013 was the year everyone had career years and everything just clicked.  Very low expectations and we end up winning everything.  It was all about emotion, passion, and energy.  We made Johnny Gomes look like an all-star.  Those are the kinds of teams you want to win.

In 2007 we overpaid for a team to get a championship, and even that team didn't play up to potential.  We wasted money on the likes of JD Drew and Julio Lugo.

Today, it's a bit of both 2013/2007, but overall, they're just not as exciting and emotional as the 2013 or 2004 team.  I liked the energy we had in 2013, and we don't really have it right now.

It's not all about winning, it's about passion, emotion, and energy.  I just don't see that in this team.  We didn't win yesterday because we grinded at-bats and fought to the end.  We won because the Yankees sucked more.  If the Yankees didn't make two errors in the inning, they would have had us.  Yet the biased announcers and Hanley Ramirez say "we fought to the end."  It's not true.  We won by default, just like what this team has been doing all year.  If you counted the number of games we've won with clutch hits, I doubt you'd have a lot this year.

I want the passion, emotion, and energy.  I just don't see it in this team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
2013 was an incredibly special run. You can't let that ruin your opinion of all other Red Sox teams.

This team is going to win the division and will have a chance in October

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
2013 was an incredibly special run. You can't let that ruin your opinion of all other Red Sox teams.

This team is going to win the division and will have a chance in October
It's not just about one team.  2004 was a magical run, so was 2013.  Those were teams of grit and clutch.

2007 wasn't on the same page of those teams.  It was all about buying the best players to win rather than relying on the clutchness of Johnny Gomes.  Similarly, there isn't anything special about the 2017 team.  There's very few guys who come through in the clutch, and they play without the energy that has been the recipe of winning teams the past few years.

By the way, the Dodgers are in the same boat.  They might be the best team, but they don't play with grit.

The Yankees, although they've faltered recently, play scrappy and gritty and that's why they're so relevant right now. 

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's a long season. Players get burnt out, which would make it seem like they're not showing any 'passion' as you would put it. When they're in the thick of things in October, I don't know if you'll be saying that. 

I don't know how you can enjoy watching baseball or any sport with that kind of mentality anyways. But to each its own I guess. 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
snipezo said:
It's a long season. Players get burnt out, which would make it seem like they're not showing any 'passion' as you would put it. When they're in the thick of things in October, I don't know if you'll be saying that. 

I don't know how you can enjoy watching baseball or any sport with that kind of mentality anyways. But to each its own I guess. 
I still like this team, don't get me wrong.  I just prefer the 2013 team.  I like a team of scrappy players winning it all, not just a team of all-out all-stars trying to win.

What I will say is I like that many of our players are homegrown as that feels more authentic.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd kill to have the luxury of deeming Tigers' championships authentic or not. 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
It's disappointing that we can't score off Severino. He looks pretty hittable, his control isn't the greatest, but we keep getting lame foul pop up outs.

If this were Rick Porcello pitching and not Sale, I guarantee we'd be losing this game. Still plenty of time left, and one swing can change anything, but still it's not looking promising.

One thing for sure is we need to fix our offensive approach because it's not working. Our outs are generating more runs than our hits.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
If this were Rick Porcello pitching and not Sale, I guarantee we'd be losing this game. Still plenty of time left, and one swing can change anything, but still it's not looking promising.

I'd rather score 1-2 runs with Sale pitching and have the rest of the starters get good run support rather than Boston win 6-0 with Sale and then lose 3-1 with Pomeranz on the hill

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
I'd kill to have the luxury of deeming Tigers' championships authentic or not.
man

Ive been saying for years i just want my dodgers fitted with the world series logo on it

Maybe this is the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%