2017 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Because the white Sox beat the Yankees with Betances pitching on his third straight day and Chapman unavailable, the entire division is overrated.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:

When did you go to Japan? How was it?
About 3 years ag, it was great. Everything from food, people, and tourist spots were awesome. I recommend it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Once again nolan takes my breathe away

https://twitter.com/si_mlb/status/880166024984834048

He's otherworldly. Best defender ive ever seen at any position.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
I just want to say that the AL East is so overrated.
I disagree. It's the only division where all the teams could be over .500. Probably won't happen, but I think all the teams are pretty good in their own way.

That being said, the Red Sox and Blue Jays are underperforming.

The only team that has any chance of winning the Central is the Indians, maybe the Royals come close. Twins will falter as they have a negative 38 run differential.

In the West, Rangers might make a run, but the Astros are the only team that is winning right now.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
We're losing this game because John Farrell made horrible decisions. First of all, our lineup is makeshift. Guys are out of place and our last five batters are basically outs were giving away. There's no consistency in this lineup.

With Rick Porcello pitching, you need a good lineup because the guy gives up at least 10 hits and 3 runs each game.

Way to give away a free loss Farrell.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
We're losing this game because John Farrell made horrible decisions. First of all, our lineup is makeshift. Guys are out of place and our last five batters are basically outs were giving away. There's no consistency in this lineup.

With Rick Porcello pitching, you need a good lineup because the guy gives up at least 10 hits and 3 runs each game.

Way to give away a free loss Farrell.
What's wrong with their lineup?

They've essentially gone

Betts
Dustin
X
Moreland
Benintendi (out tonight)

Pretty consistently lately

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm real drunk in a suite at the Indians game

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I mean Marrero can't hit for his life, but it looks like this new kid can't either 

Maybe hit Leon ahead of Travis? I always prefer Jackie lower in the order too but when you have Travis and Marrero in the lineup, JBJ's gonna be put up higher 

I think the lineup is fine tbh. I'd personally like to see them move them up all one spot and put mookie in the cleanup spot

Pedey / X / Moreland / Betts / Benintendi / Hanley / JBJ / Leon / 3B

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
What's wrong with their lineup?

They've essentially gone

Betts
Dustin
X
Moreland
Benintendi (out tonight)

Pretty consistently lately
Moreland is batting 4th in a lefty/lefty match-up.  Bradley is batting sixth, he's usually lower in the order though he's been moved around a lot (also lefty versus lefty).  The last three batters (Travis, Leon, Marrero) are basically freebie outs.  Travis has potential but he's still way inexperienced.

I guess we really just have that many injuries... didn't realize that.  

I know one thing: Hanley Ramirez isn't the difference maker.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
When E-Rod comes back, I like the idea of moving Rick Porcello to the bullpen or better yet, the DL.  I know that's next to impossible to happen, but Porcello really needs to go.  Of course we signed him for over $20 million a year to give up at least three runs each start and average 10 hits a start.

brett05

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Because the white Sox beat the Yankees with Betances pitching on his third straight day and Chapman unavailable, the entire division is overrated.
Because the East struggles against my AAAA team in the White Sox.  Not just one game, this entire year.  Yes, the East is overrated.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Because the East struggles against my AAAA team in the White Sox.  Not just one game, this entire year.  Yes, the East is overrated.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
I love him. Him and Kiermaier. My two favourite non sox. I can watch them play defense for days.
and andrelton anf brandon Crawford for me

Absolutely

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Small sample size.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Small sample size.
My sample size was the entire year..Bosoxlover was one lousy game without any insight in to why that one game was a drumming.  Sheesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%