2017/18 NBA Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
as quoted by my man Avery Bradley, defense is 100% effort. Isaiah despite his height difference always gave his all. Kyrie at times in Cleveland showed some defensive effort (and has improved that effort a ton here in Boston)

Booker does not provide that effort. Westbrook will at times provide that effort, but when he doesn't he's 100% checked out of the play. 

Kobe in 06 was absolutely a "no-try" defender who cared only about getting buckets, which he did.
Why did you only bring up Kobes 06 season when we all know Kobe was a great defender the years his team contended? Like you’re out for something

Kobe and Russ arent ONLY volume scorers, they do alot more

Booker is 21. Kyrie didnt give one shit at that age in Cleveland before Lebron got there. If you remember people were really critizing him back then on leadership and defense

try or not IT is simply a volume scorer with no defense so i mean dont see why you’re calling me out on all this

Anyway feel like this argument is over exaggerated about booker only being a volume scorer. Alot of these stars were different at the age of 21 before their games matured. We’ll just have to wait and see i guess

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe and Russ are definitely volume scorers. But could do more.

Not sure Booker can do more

But like I said, he could be great as like a teams 3rd best. Like throw him on new Orleans

Paulius

Reaction score
No doubt Kobe and Russ are volume scorers but they do alot more than just that. Both do alot more than Kyrie and IT. Bosox implied like thats all they are and same with booker , saying they’re one dimensional

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If bender and Jackson pan out phx might have a future

Paulius

Reaction score
Bender is trash and Josh has been pretty ass for a 4th pick

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ok Mr "he's only 21. Let's wait"

Guess their careers are done

Paulius

Reaction score
Idk how i missed it but yall ser Harden complain about the refs lmao

How ironic. The biggest flopper who just baits for fouls is complaining, not to mention dude shot 39 free throws the last two games hahaha classic

Paulius

Reaction score
Trae young and Devin Booker. Future best backcourt in the nba

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trae Young gotta be a top 5 pick now right?

Porters stock gotta drop injury or not

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amazing that Oladipo is actually better than Paul George

Jimmer

Hypebeast
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Amazing that Oladipo is actually better than Paul George
George is playing with 2 of the most ball dominate players. Oldiipo is playing with garbage

CoachAF

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Idk how i missed it but yall ser Harden complain about the refs lmao

How ironic. The biggest flopper who just baits for fouls is complaining, not to mention dude shot 39 free throws the last two games hahaha classic

There were some pretty bad calls and non-calls in that game. The worst of the night came at the end with the Rockets down 4. The ball was inbounded to Harden and Jawun Evans made one of the worst flops you will ever see. The refs called the foul on Harden giving the Clips the ball and they never looked back. There needs to be a fine on that one. I didnt check to see if one was issued or not. That is also another reason why there needs to be a way for teams to challenge calls like that. The flopping NEEDS to stop. And I know Harden is one of the bigger floppers out there, but it isn't entertaining at all to watch grown men fall down when they are brushed by a breath of air.

Harden is a tough player to referee. There is contact almost every time he goes to the rim. It just depends on how the refs are going to call it that night. He understands that, but the refs were not very consistent that night. They need to do a better job of adjusting and getting over the missed calls. That said, the refereeing this year seems to be the worst I have ever seen. There needs to be a 4th referee with video playback to help with this!!! It can be quick and doesnt have to take long. But they need to find a way to make the right call more consistently.

The Rockets need Capela back. He is a big part of their offense with the pick and roll. Of course it'd be nice to have a healthy CP3. Capela impacts both sides of the floor, and when he misses it means more minutes at C for Ryan Andersen which is not a good thing. In fact, it's a very, very bad thing. 

Should be a good game tonight against the Thunder. They seem to be getting better and better. The Rockets need to get back to the good defense that fueled their winning streak. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Penis Kanter talks smack to all these stars, then proceeds to get destroyed every time

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Penis Kanter reads this forum

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some fan with a thick New York accent called Embiid a cornball 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%