2016 NFL Gameday Thread

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
He regularly over throws Jackson because he can't throw a lofting deep ball 50-60 yards in the air. He has to throw a dart with very little upward trajectory with all his might. That narrows down his room for error so he has to throw it perfectly to even have a chance.

Kirk Cousins definitely has mediocre arm strength.
Look, I'm all for Cousins bashing.  It's a hobby of mine.  But you've been stuck on this noodle arm narrative since last season, and it's just objectively untrue.

He's certainly no Cam when it comes to arm strength, but he has the ability to make just about any throw necessary at this level.

videofreak8

Melted
Reaction score
Really hope the Browns shut down Kessler the rest of the year for his well being. Suffered his second concussion already. Career could be in jeopardy tbh. Sucks playing for Cleveland and their shit O-Line

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Scott Tolzien is starting for the Colts tomorrow night.

The Steelers might win that game by 100.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Holy shit, this bitch is gonna spend two hours singing the anthem

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
who is this clown they have singing

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
First of all, Matt Prater is the greatest kicker in the history of the NFL. There are guys who are historically more accurate, but Prater has NEVER missed when it counts the most. It's truly amazing to watch this guy just dagger one team after another. Detroit may win a Super Bowl in the next 3-5 years because they have Matt Prater in their back pocket when needed.

Second, just a few weeks ago I was talking other Vikings fans down from calling for Mike Zimmer's head with the way the team was unraveling before our very eyes due to suspect coaching decisions. Now, I'm so fed up with him myself that he's losing my confidence. I don't want him gone. I want him to be the coach of this team next year, 5 years from now, and 10 years from now, but he has to stop being so fucking conservative and gutless. It's time for him to take on a larger role when it comes to offensive play-calling, and to start vetoing our mentally challenged offensive coordinator in Pat Shurmur. Initially, I thought the play calls were better without Norv Turner. Clearly, that isn't the case, as Turner would at least take shots down field.

Look at today's game. Sam Bradford was not sacked. Sam Bradford was barely touched all game long. And yet, every play call was for a short pass. Even when Sam had time, it was a short pass, almost always short of the line to gain. Often to a covered receiver who had no chance to turn up field and run for a first down. That's not Sam's decisions while going through reads. That's the offensive play caller continually calling hot reads short of the line to gain. You want to know why Minnesota has lost 5 of 6? Because their offensive play calling has been utterly and completely ball-less. Time for Minnesota's coaching staff to do a man-check and act like they have the guts needed to win a fucking game.

You don't "play it safe" to wins in the NFL. You take them from the other team.

Then we have Bradford throwing the worst INT of the season to lose the team the game at the end. That's a failure in situational football from Bradford, a failure that not even Teddy Bridgewater and his weak arm would make. Oh, we need 7 yards for a first down. Let's target one of the best two corners in the division, one of the top 4 corners in the conference (Sherman, Peterson, Slay, and Rhodes, imo). Yes, target Darius fucking Slay at the end of the game, on 3rd and long. How stupid is Sam Bradford for that? You know what a smart QB does pre-snap? He finds Slay, and he finds Quin, then he proceeds to throw at neither. Fuck you, Sam Bradford, for making such an awful collection of mental mistakes at the worst possible time. You have the intellectual capacity of a fucking gnat.

Last but not least, Anquan Boldin is no longer fast or quick. Why is it so hard to stick to him? Seriously? At this point in his career, should Anquan Boldin be getting such big separation anymore? No, he should not. He is a great player, and is probably my favorite WR of this generation (so glad he won a Super Bowl with Baltimore). He should not be so effective anymore. Especially not against a Mike Zimmer defense. Tate I can understand. Marvin Jones was invisible because of X. Other guys needed to step up today and they failed.

Fuck this team, fuck this offensive coaching staff, and fuck this quarterback for being completely gutless unless, of course, it's the end of the game and you need a first down. Might as well throw at Darius fucking slay and not target a bad coverage linebacker, or Nevin Lawson. No. Go after the best player on the opposing team's defense. Brilliant!

Happy Thanksgiving, guys. Great win, Pugz and other Lions fans. The difference was coaching. Jim Caldwell and Jim Bob Cooter do a wonderful job and if the Lions can generate something that resembles a running game by season's end, watch the fuck out. 

Foreman

Detroit Vs. Everybody
Reaction score
This O-Line and EE are gonna be scary for years to come

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This defense is fucking trash.

This is gonna be a goddamn blowout.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This team sucks, but Reed is quite a talent.

Shame he's going to be brain dead by the time he's 40.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Redskins are the only team in league history to hold Elliott under 100 yards twice.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He should try wearing a 1/4 shirt against them, needs to be lighter 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
prater missed a kick the other week

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Not a bad day for fantasy.

Brown: 30 points
Reed: 26.5 points
Bell: 24.2 points 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I've definitely seen him miss a game winner before

The standard bearer for kick clutchness is obviously Adam Vinatieri though

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
prater is a great kicker and im extremely happy we have him but i dont think we're winning shit. we're always playing from behind and or giving up leads and need to come back from that. thats a recipe for disaster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%