2016 BioSteel All-Canadian

Sutherby

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2015
Messages
98
Reaction score
3


Returnees from the first ever BioSteel All-Canadian game last season include Jahvon Blair, Christian David, Jerome Desrosiers, Danilo Djuricic, Justin Jackson, Abu Kigab, Matur Maker, Thon Maker, Koby McEwen, Simi Shittu, and Howard Washington.

Alumni from last season include Jamal Murray (Kentucky), Corey Johnson (Harvard), Jalen Poyser (UNLV), Eddie Ekiyor (Xavier), Kyle Alexander (Tennessee), Jermaine Haley (New Mexico State), Nelson Kaputo (St. Bonaventure), Nevell Provo (Loyola), and Matthew Neufeld (Saint Louis)

Most interesting players in the roster include:
Thon & Matur Maker - Been considered huge names in college basketball recruiting for a while now. Thon could go straight to the NBA if he doesn't commit to an NCAA program this off season.

Simi Shittu - Ranked #13 in the ESPN Top 25 for 2018 after his move to Montverde Academy this season.

Danilo Djuricic - Still in Canada, looks a lot like Nik Stauskas.

RJ Barrett - Considered the best freshman in high school basketball right now, also playing with Montverde Academy. Hands down Canada's best prospect since Wiggins.
 

BNC

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2015
Messages
4,115
Reaction score
87
[MENTION=34]Sutherby[/MENTION]

How many of these guys aren't Canadian? Also any word on who Thon Maker is planning on representing internationally?

Also, is Matur supposed to end up being better than Thon?
 

Sutherby

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2015
Messages
98
Reaction score
3
BNC said:
[MENTION=34]Sutherby[/MENTION]

How many of these guys aren't Canadian? Also any word on who Thon Maker is planning on representing internationally?

Also, is Matur supposed to end up being better than Thon?
Thon is better than Matur.

They're all Canadian except for the Makers but no word on who Makers will represent. They could have Canadian passports by now tho, 2 years in Canada.
 

BNC

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2015
Messages
4,115
Reaction score
87
Sutherby said:
Thon is better than Matur.

They're all Canadian except for the Makers but no word on who Makers will represent. They could have Canadian passports by now tho, 2 years in Canada.
I watched a few of their highlights, Matur has a nice handle for a guy that size and Thon has improved so much in the past few years. Also watched some RJ highlights where he played against the #5 guy in this years class, I think RJ is better right now
 

Sutherby

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2015
Messages
98
Reaction score
3
BNC said:
I watched a few of their highlights, Matur has a nice handle for a guy that size and Thon has improved so much in the past few years. Also watched some RJ highlights where he played against the #5 guy in this years class, I think RJ is better right now
I can't say enough good things about RJ Barrett. Every time I've watched him anywhere, he's been amazing while being younger than everyone else on the court.

I'm high on Jamal Murray but I'm still way more excited for RJ Barrett.
 

BNC

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2015
Messages
4,115
Reaction score
87
Sutherby said:
I can't say enough good things about RJ Barrett. Every time I've watched him anywhere, he's been amazing while being younger than everyone else on the court.

I'm high on Jamal Murray but I'm still way more excited for RJ Barrett.
I haven't been really all that high on Jamal, from the limited videos I've watched of him he just looks a little slow and doesn't move that smoothly. He's killing it at Kentucky though
 

Paulius

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
40,656
Reaction score
424
Lol ignas brazdeikis Lithuanian. This squad is garbage, yall never gonna win a medal
 

Paulius

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
40,656
Reaction score
424
Lol too funny how much you expect from team canada sutherby. Hopefully someday they make the olympics or world cup
 

Sutherby

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2015
Messages
98
Reaction score
3
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
Lol ignas brazdeikis Lithuanian. This squad is garbage, yall never gonna win a medal
Ignas Brazdeikis:


One of the Canadian U16 players that led USA for 3 quarters in the gold medal game last year?

Just as ignorant as ever, I see.
 

Paulius

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
40,656
Reaction score
424
Sutherby said:
Ignas Brazdeikis:


One of the Canadian U16 players that led USA for 3 quarters in the gold medal game last year?

Just as ignorant as ever, I see.


God damn you never learn. Lithuanian born playing for canada bc he has no chance to play for our country cuz of higher competition to make the team, cuz we actually have good players lol nice try tho
 

Paulius

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
40,656
Reaction score
424
Ayee keep doing you tho, looks like you know what u talking about like always lmaoo


Sikkkeee
 

Paulius

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
40,656
Reaction score
424
Next time know your shit before talking
 

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Joined
Nov 12, 2015
Messages
45,911
Reaction score
180
Sutherby said:


Returnees from the first ever BioSteel All-Canadian game last season include Jahvon Blair, Christian David, Jerome Desrosiers, Danilo Djuricic, Justin Jackson, Abu Kigab, Matur Maker, Thon Maker, Koby McEwen, Simi Shittu, and Howard Washington.

Alumni from last season include Jamal Murray (Kentucky), Corey Johnson (Harvard), Jalen Poyser (UNLV), Eddie Ekiyor (Xavier), Kyle Alexander (Tennessee), Jermaine Haley (New Mexico State), Nelson Kaputo (St. Bonaventure), Nevell Provo (Loyola), and Matthew Neufeld (Saint Louis)

Most interesting players in the roster include:
Thon & Matur Maker - Been considered huge names in college basketball recruiting for a while now. Thon could go straight to the NBA if he doesn't commit to an NCAA program this off season.

Simi Shittu - Ranked #13 in the ESPN Top 25 for 2018 after his move to Montverde Academy this season.

Danilo Djuricic - Still in Canada, looks a lot like Nik Stauskas.

RJ Barrett - Considered the best freshman in high school basketball right now, also playing with Montverde Academy. Hands down Canada's best prospect since Wiggins.
Barrett's handles looked weak in the videos that I saw of him
 

BNC

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2015
Messages
4,115
Reaction score
87
cavsfan817 said:
I was just saying that appears to be a weaker part of his game
Yea but he's go like 3 years to get a tighter handle, he's gonna be good
 

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Joined
Nov 12, 2015
Messages
45,911
Reaction score
180
BNC said:
Yea but he's go like 3 years to get a tighter handle, he's gonna be good
Has he still been growing or is he pretty much done?
 

BNC

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2015
Messages
4,115
Reaction score
87
cavsfan817 said:
Has he still been growing or is he pretty much done?
I have no idea, but he's already 6'6" at 15 y/o so even if he doesn't he'll be fine
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Who Wins Game 5?

  • Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

    Votes: 7 87.5%
Top