2016/17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Draymond Green had a triple double without the points.

That seems like an incredibly rare accomplishment.
first time ever

Hes a special player

Truly makes them work. The real mvp of their team honestly

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
I almost cried reading that. That was beautiful, man.
thanks

But really, people could love small markets all they want. Yes its good when okc was good with stars, yes its cool seeing toronto and indiana in the ecf, or denver in the wcf(09) etc

But the NBA is that much better when the knicks are good (and lakers)
I know people like to hate on big markets, but its just the truth. You're kidding yourself if you don't believe a relevant NY team is good for the league

Look at the nfl for instance. Its fun seeing a good cowboys team, whether you like them or not. Theyre just fun to talk about and fun to watch win or lose(really fun when they lose with hype). Thats part of the reason the nba is better when theyre good. Hype and a team to root against if you dont like them

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ratings have been just fine with them being awful. League is about individual stars, not locations

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meanwhile at the Garden last night

Wilson Chandler Says He Left MSG Mid-Game to Buy Sneakers
Most sneakerheads can probably say they've left work early to pick up a new pair of shoes, but would an NBA player dare to make that move? Yes, if Denver Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler's claim proves to be true.

Earlier tonight, Chandler tweeted a photo of the VLONE x Nike Air Force 1 collaboration, adding the caption, "Left the garden at half time to cop these."  

Your first thought is probably that he's only joking. A typical NBA halftime is only 15 minutes. The VLONE pop-up shop (assuming that's where he made the purchase) is about 15 - 20 minutes away. Double that for the trip back and making it back in time is highly unlikely. However, he could have set up another transaction through a middle man or made it back to the Garden late, neither of which have been reported.

So, for now, Chandler isn't backing down from the claim. And if true, it's one of the greatest sneaker-buying stories of all-time. My gut says it's a dig at the Knicks and how they disgraced the Garden by having Charles Oakley arrested, but there could be a bigger play here. According to reports, Chandler wants out of Denver due to frustration with his role on the team. This could the kind of thing that gets him shipped out, but will teams be apprehensive to acquire the versatile swingman? That remains to be seen as the trade deadline approaches.
https://twitter.com/wilsonchandler/status/830266068186828801/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Draymond Green had a triple double without the points.

That seems like an incredibly rare accomplishment. 
because he was the first to do it

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DONE DEAL!

Los Angeles Clippers trade Austin Rivers, J.J. Redick, Jamal Crawford, & a 2nd round draft pick to the New York Knicks for Carmelo Anthony.

Pending Physicals.

(Via @SteveHarveyESPN)

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Ratings have been just fine with them being awful. League is about individual stars, not locations
of course theyve been fine
We still get a lot of knick and laker national games which always bring good ratings

Would be enhanced if they were good

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Game 7 featuring a team from Cleveland had better ratings than the marquee location match up of Boston - Los Angeles in their game 7 from 2010

It doesn't matter what teams are good, as long as there are marketable stars that people are interested in

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
DONE DEAL!

Los Angeles Clippers trade Austin Rivers, J.J. Redick, Jamal Crawford, & a 2nd round draft pick to the New York Knicks for Carmelo Anthony.

Pending Physicals.

(Via @SteveHarveyESPN)
Make a thread

aussietin

Reaction score
If there are no jazz fans here, then its just gonna be a lot of me hyping the jazz to myself AYYY

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We had a Jazz fan, his favorite player was Kyrylo Fesenko

He will be missed 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wait so it's not done?

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I see the Steve Harvey now. Fuck a pugz

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
aussietin said:
If there are no jazz fans here, then its just gonna be a lot of me hyping the jazz to myself AYYY
Mexi and I both love the Jazz but we aren't fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%