Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BNC said:
I can see Spurs, I think they're basically even and that series would likely go 7. I'm not sure the Clips are deep enough to hang with them, but they do have the history that Houston doesn't which makes them a bit easier to trust
Redick always locks up harden lol right Mexi

Paulius

Reaction score
Bosox ive been here for over a year btw

Should soon get my color changed

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
paulius said:

try 6+ years. no color change.

Paulius

Reaction score
Saw this somewhere else. Good question

If the NBA starts seeing WAY too many 3's, do you think they'll get rid of the 3 second rule to help counter it?

What yall think?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Way too many 3s? That just sounds weird to me

What is wrong with offense? Why do you hate it so much??

Paulius

Reaction score
I dont hate it , but i do think teams shoot way too many of them. I like inside out basketball, and the midrange game.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i like the evolution of the game

Dan D'Antoni said it best:

"You see those top three teams. Golden State do they work it [inside]? My brother in Houston, the biggest turnaround in the league do they work it in? You can go get any computer and run what the best shots are and it will tell you the post-up is the worst shot in basketball. If you want to run down and try to get it [in the paint] to shoot over somebody, then you're beating analytics. The best shot in basketball is that corner three. The next-best shot in basketball is any other three. Other than free throws, which we try to do, when you get to the foul line, you score 1.5 points every time you go to the foul line in the pros. It just trickles down. It's the same thing for college kids..."

When a reporter began to ask a question, D'Antoni cut him off, saying, "I haven't finished my damn analytics story yet." He continued:

"If you can get a layup and it's clean it's not one that's highly contested it's [worth] 1.8 points [per attempt]. It's 1.3 from that corner, 1.27. Do you know what a post-up is, with a guy standing over top of you? It's 0.78. So you run your team down there and we'll see how long you can stay with teams that can play the other way. You've seen it in the NBA. The last two championships have been Cleveland and Golden State. What do they do? You don't see anybody post up. They just spread that thing out and go."

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it might be inevitable that some sort of change will come, be it moving back the three or some other rule change. Not soon, but at some point.
I just think that we have yet to reach the potential of how good players are gonna become at shooting. So in like 10, 15 years, things are going to be too easy for them. Then I think something could happen.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
paulius said:

no you haven't
you came here during the merge, which was like may/june

and even so you don't join the HOF after a year smfh. jake, buzzy, and myself have been here since 2009/10 and were not in it yet

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
i like the evolution of the game

Dan D'Antoni said it best:

"You see those top three teams. Golden State do they work it [inside]? My brother in Houston, the biggest turnaround in the league do they work it in? You can go get any computer and run what the best shots are and it will tell you the post-up is the worst shot in basketball. If you want to run down and try to get it [in the paint] to shoot over somebody, then you're beating analytics. The best shot in basketball is that corner three. The next-best shot in basketball is any other three. Other than free throws, which we try to do, when you get to the foul line, you score 1.5 points every time you go to the foul line in the pros. It just trickles down. It's the same thing for college kids..."

When a reporter began to ask a question, D'Antoni cut him off, saying, "I haven't finished my damn analytics story yet." He continued:

"If you can get a layup and it's clean it's not one that's highly contested it's [worth] 1.8 points [per attempt]. It's 1.3 from that corner, 1.27. Do you know what a post-up is, with a guy standing over top of you? It's 0.78. So you run your team down there and we'll see how long you can stay with teams that can play the other way. You've seen it in the NBA. The last two championships have been Cleveland and Golden State. What do they do? You don't see anybody post up. They just spread that thing out and go."
"I haven't finished my damn analytics story yet." was the quote of 2016.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Yankees and black people is the biggest beef in site history
Very true

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Did MDA even watch the past two years when he says the Cavs don't post up?

Half their plays were Lebron posting up in ISO

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/CptTee/status/818279158509957121/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
savidge

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

LeBron mostly posts to pass out once the double comes. Can't look at any stats now, but his actual post up shot attempts are probably low. I think right now the Cavs are bottom 5 in points in the paint

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

It was his brother on those quotes. DDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%