2016-17 GM of the Year

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Voting for 2016-17 GM of the Year is now open. Please send your votes to @CameronCrazy06 via PM *ON THIS SITE*. I would encourage anyone who feels they deserve the award to make a case for themselves, and for everybody to wait to hear said cases before casting your vote. The more discussion/debate we get in this thread, the better.

While you can make a case for yourself, you cannot vote for yourself.

Voting will close when the playoffs begin. It's a regular season award. Always a chance you could get paid for voting, so you should vote. Just fucking vote.

Past Winners:

2015-16: GMOTY
2014-15: CameronCrazy06
2013-14: DJT
2012-13: Cheddar
2011-12: .G9
2010-11: daulten780

daulten780

Members
Reaction score
  • I completely overhauled my roster from last year, resulting in 10 more wins from the previous year and a 63-19 record (best record in the league)
  • Through my moves I created the deepest and arguably best roster in the league
  • At every position, I have starter level players off the bench. Danillo Gallinari is averaging over 20 points a game off the bench. I have Mario Chalmers, a player capable of averaging 17/7 as a starter; Emeka Okafor whose impact was crucial for me in the playoffs along with Trevor Booker who is an excellent player off the bench.
  • Between Davis, Okafor, Granger, Gallinari, Gortat and Booker, I have the best front court in the league
  • I could have settled several times with my roster throughout the season but I looked to keep improving my team, taking risks that others wouldn't have. After trading Westbrook, I went on a 11 game winning streak (13-2 overall) with blowout wins over the Kings, Nuggets, Clippers, Celtics, Mavericks, and Rockets. I defeated the Knicks on the road during this streak, Despite people doubting this move, it looks very promising so far and I think it has improved my team.

Mentch

Some Fucking Dude
Reaction score
Improved 6 games to .500 after the best offseason ever

Reaction score
I just want the cash.

I went from John Wall/Whiteside/Kawhi and a 41-41 team to the two best players in the league in Kevin Durant/Kyrie Irving and a great 3rd option who did 20/7 here (he was 14/5 when I got him) in Bradley.

I improved by 15 wins and was a Kyrie injury away from winning the east most likely. I won 56 games starting guys like Mullens and Dalembert also.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My team at the beginning of the season wasn't that great. We probably couldve snuck in the playoffs but we weren't getting far. So I've been wheeling and dealing ever since. Traded Dwight Howard in a deal that allowed me to get much needed depth and I revived Kmart's crareer while I was at it. And most people thought I was crazy when I did the deal. Then I acquired DeMar Derozan around the half way mark and that is what really sent me up the standings. Then right before the deadline I acquired Robin Lopez and this was the cherry on top for me take over the second seed. Also Patty mill averaging 17-19 PPG as a non option! Lol. But yea vote for me

Cheddar

Reaction score
Fine I suppose Ill type something:

- Finished last season with the #4 projected pick.
- Picked up McGee in FA.
- Traded my youth for Kyrie + Bogut and then Kyrie for Harden + Chalmers + Dedmon.
- Picked up Gallo for a later 1st.
- Traded 3 1sts for Jrue (two of my own).
- Trade Jrue + Chalmers + Gallo for RW, which equates to 4 1sts (3 of the 4 later picks most likely)+ Chalmers for RW.
- Won 55 games while Harden missed nearly half of the season (35 games). Finished one game off winning the division from KD and Kyrie.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Voting Results:

.inf (7)
Cheddar (7)
daulten780 (2)
VonteegoCummings (2)
CameronCrazy06 (1)
dez (1)

So, we had a tie between two worthy GM's. I then polled all of the GM's who did not vote for the top-two vote getters, and the results were as follows:

Cheddar (3)
.inf (2)

So congratulations @[member="Cheddar"] for winning 2016-17 GMOTY. Thank you to all those who voted.

Cheddar

Reaction score
I don't know what to say, it must have been my poop comment that put me over the top! Thanks guys.

I voted for .inf. He was definitely a worthy candidate this year as well.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congrats cheddar. Sucks I didn't win but you definitely deserved it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
really thought it was between both of these two but i went with david because he team looked just as bad as last season to start this year. congrats to both guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%