Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN might explode if Manziel makes the playoffs

dcpwner

Reaction score
So LeGarette Blount left NE. Signed with Pitt. Got dropped by Pitt and got resigned by NE?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
dcpwner. said:
So LeGarette Blount left NE. Signed with Pitt. Got dropped by Pitt and got resigned by NE?
blount had 1 year left on his deal when the pats traded for him. At the end of the year, he left for more money. Steelers would proceed to cut Blount mid-season, and he went unclaimed. Pats then sign him for what we initially wanted anyways

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love these pro-Hoyer arguments. Talking about how we cut the guy we signed to start at running back, have been without Josh Gordon for 10 weeks, and lost Alex Mack weeks ago. Basically every former QB who was average at best in his career is thrashing the decision. 

Ignoring the fact that it doesn't matter that Ben Tate was the starter, as Crowell has proven to be at worst, a top 15 RB in the league. Despite not having Josh Gordon, the receivers on the team have been CONSISTENTLY getting open, and have the least amount of drops in the NFL. They also grade out very well on PFF. Mack going out hurts, but our line is still among the best. 

Basically, most everyone on the offense grades out well, aside from Hoyer, who consistently has been graded poorly, and is basically the weak link. Shannahan's scheme has worked incredibly for the most part, and guys are always getting open down field and in the middle of the field, and Hoyer was continuously missing. He deserved to start until it was obvious he was holding the team back and even costing them games, which started happening, thus the necessary change. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I love these pro-Hoyer arguments. Talking about how we cut the guy we signed to start at running back, have been without Josh Gordon for 10 weeks, and lost Alex Mack weeks ago. Basically every former QB who was average at best in his career is thrashing the decision. 

Ignoring the fact that it doesn't matter that Ben Tate was the starter, as Crowell has proven to be at worst, a top 15 RB in the league. Despite not having Josh Gordon, the receivers on the team have been CONSISTENTLY getting open, and have the least amount of drops in the NFL. They also grade out very well on PFF. Mack going out hurts, but our line is still among the best. 

Basically, most everyone on the offense grades out well, aside from Hoyer, who consistently has been graded poorly, and is basically the weak link. Shannahan's scheme has worked incredibly for the most part, and guys are always getting open down field and in the middle of the field, and Hoyer was continuously missing. He deserved to start until it was obvious he was holding the team back and even costing them games, which started happening, thus the necessary change. 

Wait..... what?

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
blount had 1 year left on his deal when the pats traded for him. At the end of the year, he left for more money. Steelers would proceed to cut Blount mid-season, and he went unclaimed. Pats then sign him for what we initially wanted anyways

blounts the man. if he just stays with NE he could do damage.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I don't even know if he's top 30
I disagree, but regardless, that's not the main point I was trying to make. 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Isaiah Crowell certainly has Top 15 potential, but Cleveland's other back, does, too. Whichever ends up getting the majority of the carries will be a household name before too long.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well we have them both under contract on rather inexpensive deals so they should be able to co-exist, at least I hope

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Crowell is too handcuffed to be a Top 15 back

not to mention:

Forte, Shady, Charles, AP, Murray, Foster, Beast Mode, Forsett, LeVeon, Lacy, Gore, & Alfie are all definitely better than Crowell, and I'd say Gio, Ingram, Ellington, Ridley, Bush, Tre, Ivory, Vereen, Spiller are better as well, and if they can keep it up, Denard & CJ Anderson too.

That's 23 people I listed that I'd take before Crowell. He's a good back, for sure, but not Top15

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't even know what the Browns are doing anymore. It was fine to stick with Hoyer earlier in the year when his numbers were at least average. Now he ranks near the bottom of the league in just about everything except yards. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Manziel's 22nd birthday is the day before the game. He'll start week 15. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
supposedly the lions plan on asking calvin to take a paycut which they don't expect to happen, then offer him a reconstructed contract and then plan to transition the team away from him by 2016.

might as well just trade him away this offseason, damn.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Age Of Orton returns to Denver and will get plastered with Tebow Chants on his first drive lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%