2014 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I'll be fine with Dennard, Gilbert or Fuller at 24. If all three of them are gone, who knows. Not big on Roby. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
NIGHT BEFORE THE DRAFT LETS GET SOME TALK GOING WAKE UP SI!

TTN2810

Reaction score
Hahah.

He's already been taken. His name is Robert Griffin III. No suspense. :/

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Imma throw down the draft game thing I've done every year in a bit

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How do you personally project Sammy to pan out? 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Welp, this debunks my whole Teddy to the Rams. Oh well.

via Rotoworld

Appearing on stage with Sam Bradford at a pre-draft party with season-ticket holders, Rams coach Jeff Fisher stated "He's our guy."

"He" is Bradford, of course. Although conspiracy theorists enjoy deeming all pre-draft team actions "smokescreens," our takeaway from this public declaration of commitment to Bradford seals the deal on the Johnny Manziel rumors. (St. Louis isn't taking him.) NFL Network's Mike Mayock, who remains plugged in even if his tape evaluations aren't quite as intensive as they once were, released a mock draft Wednesday that didn't have Manziel in the top-15 picks. ESPN's Todd McShay also spoke at length Wednesday about how he believes Manziel will drop out of the top ten. We'll (finally) get answers on this stuff tomorrow night.

TTN2810

Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
How do you personally project Sammy to pan out? 
He's a beast. I think he's comparable to Julio. Might be even better.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
He's a beast. I think he's comparable to Julio. Might be even better.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Dudes on the radio were slamming the Lions for even considering moving up for him, but I really think the kid will be an elite receiver. They made it seem like he is just some random WR prospect, but fail to realize the guy is a monster.
And God forbid Calvin gets hurt again, we all saw how terrible our offense is without him. I like Golden Tate, but he isn't a #1 option the way Calvin and Sammy could be. 

Drooling just thinking about the 3 of them playing together though lol.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm confident he will be better than Julio. He's better with the ball in his hands, and even though he's not quite as big, he's still great at attacking the ball in the air, and I think he's definitely better after the catch and is a smoother athlete not only with the ball in his hands, but running routes too. 

Calvin and Sammy alone would kick Marshall and Alshon's ass in terms of best WR duos.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
I'm confident he will be better than Julio. He's better with the ball in his hands, and even though he's not quite as big, he's still great at attacking the ball in the air, and I think he's definitely better after the catch and is a smoother athlete not only with the ball in his hands, but running routes too. 

Calvin and Sammy alone would kick Marshall and Alshon's ass in terms of best WR duos.
Yeah I feel you, been watching a bit of tape on him lately. Super impressed, what do you think it would cost us to move up though?

I would agree. I really don't see how any team would stop our offense if we get Sammy. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
To get to #4 they would have to give up something along the lines of #10 (R1), #45 (R2), and #111 (R4), which wouldn't be too bad because they still would have 2 more 4th rounders.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm going to laugh so hard if Dallas gets Manziel.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Sammy Watkins isn't nearly as good as you all make him out to be. I don't even think he's the best WR in the draft

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Sammy Watkins isn't nearly as good as you all make him out to be. I don't even think he's the best WR in the draft

I don't think he's on a Julio/Green level, but he's close to being an elite receiver prospect.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%