Commish
Reaction score
Teagz said:
I'd laugh my ass off if they took Exum at 1

Nobody had them taking Bennett last year so I honestly wouldn't rule it out

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well you can rule it out, because as I just said, if they wanted Exum, they could move down to #2, #3, or #4 considering they have offers from each of those team.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Teagz said:
I'd laugh my ass off if they took Exum at 1
Mocks the day before draft

2011: Kyrie and Jonas V
2012: Barnes
2013: Len/Noel

Media's never gotten it right. Between Wiggins/Embiid/and Parker all being possible choices, only Exum or McBuckets would continue the streak

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The internet might explode if they took Doug

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'd buy his jersey right away if he went #1. McBUCKETS!!!! (I'd be fine with him in Boston, btw)

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Cavs could actually taker Vonleh #1 because that's how they roll.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Only players I don't want taken by Boston really in this draft:

Jusuf Nurkic
Julius Randle
James Young
Dario Saric

Im fine with anyone else, but not those 4

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Only players I don't want taken by Boston really in this draft:

Julius Randle

Why do you hate the boss?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mobruler said:

Why do you hate the boss?
Because we have Sullinger that does basically the exact same thing, and he doesnt want to play for us....

Thats a pretty good reason. 

If Randle falls to 17, fine, I'll be fine taking him. But not in the Top 10

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
It would behoove Sullinger to carry Randle's bags to and from the court every night.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
It would behoove Sullinger to carry Randle's bags to and from the court every night.
lmaoooooo

Randle aint that good son.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Their games may be similar, but Randle is significantly more athletic and can actually play PF, creating the large difference in potential

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Their games may be similar, but Randle is significantly more athletic and can actually play PF, creating the large difference in potential
Randle's potential is higher, but Randle isn't an all-worldly PF prospect that would, according to mobruler, make sullinger his bitch.

Randle's peak is Zbo, and i dont think he even reaches it. He'll probably be better than sully, but Sully is good enough that you can take someone other than randle

it doesnt matter, im designing my Marcus #36 jersey wallpaper in PS right now, because thats the Smart move to do.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Which is why their games aren't really that similar. Randle takes opponents off the dribble as well.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Randle's potential is higher, but Randle isn't an all-worldly PF prospect that would, according to mobruler, make sullinger his bitch.

Randle's peak is Zbo, and i dont think he even reaches it. He'll probably be better than sully, but Sully is good enough that you can take someone other than randle

it doesnt matter, im designing my Marcus #36 jersey wallpaper in PS right now, because thats the Smart move to do.
Sulliger is not even close to good enough to effect draft plans. If you're thinking to yourself "I'm not taking this guy because we have Jared Sullinger", you're doing the draft wrong

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Sulliger is not even close to good enough to effect draft plans. If you're thinking to yourself "I'm not taking this guy because we have Jared Sullinger", you're doing the draft wrong
if you say "we're trading rondo, and jeff green is our starting SF and we have no center" then you can prioritize PF last.

Sullinger is our best young player-asset. Either him or the Klynyk. No reason to draft another PF. If you want a frontcourt guy, get a stretch 4 like Gordon, or a potential stretch C like Vonleh

But again, Smart is going to be the pick.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Celtics are in the early stages of a rebuild, and as you just stated, Jared Sullinger is their best young asset, essentially meaning they don't have any young assets. They're not in a position to be excluding positions from a draft board/plan. They have to just get the best talent with the most upside. Whether or not that is Randle is another question, but not having PFs in the discussion because Jared Sullinger is on the roster is absurd. Not to mention Sullinger isn't really a PF.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I just read an article online, where the Cavs draft Jabari/Wiggins #1, and then once FA hits, trade Wiggins/Parker and Anthony Bennett, and other salary pieces to Boston for future 1sts and trade exceptions and non guaranteed contracts, so the cavs can sign both melo and lebron

I would actually die in happiness if the Celtics could land 3 top 10 picks, being Wiggins, Smart, and McBuckets. I'd die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%