2014 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers rotation v. Athletic's rotation is an interesting debate, but I think between the 10 starters, Lester and Gray are the two best, which all but seals it for me. 

And Scott Kazmr is my guy

It's stunning that it can be argued that Justin Verlander is the worst starter on either team, but there's still no way I'd rather have Porcello start than Verlander. Would take Verlander over Hammel obviously, too 

Sportsguy9695

Reaction score
big series starting tonight for the yankees. they need to take atleast 2 of 3 from boston if not sweep

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/ZackMeisel/status/495376801011884032

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE? 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol dan haren sucks

Time to cut the cord

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

CK One is a unisex fragrance released originally by Calvin Klein in 1994 and worn around that same time by an awkward, teenaged version of the present author with a view towards attracting the attention of less awkward, but equally teenaged, young women.

Under different, but similarly embarrassing, circumstances is how that same author has decided to utilize CK One today — not the actual fragrance itself, but at least the brand name, as a succinct means by which to identify publicly which of two pitchers,Clayton Kershaw and Corey Kluber, produced the better figures in July. Because their initials are C and K, is why. And then the one indicates which of them was the best pitcher with C and K for initials.

These painful explications aside, here are those same pitchers’ respective totals and rates from the past month:

The exact same strikeout and walk rates, is what Kershaw and Kluber produced last month — plus a collection of other, very similar figures, as well. Even as Kershaw finds himself in the midst of a historically great season, the right-handed Kluber — commonly referred to as the People’s Champion — matched the Dodgers lefty in all the most relevant categories. Which, if I’m being honest, to write that last sentence is why I’ve bothered to write every other sentence in this post. That having been accomplished, then, this addition to InstaGraphs is complete.

The People's Champion

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think David Murphy just hit a game tying homer in the 9th, might be drunk though. 

Feliz out here throwing 88 mph fastballs, such a sad story. Just painful to watch him right now. 

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Jim Johnson is scheduled to throw for the Orioles on Monday in Florida.

O's rehab pitching coordinator Scott McGregor will be on hand for the session. The O's certainly appear to be interested in a reunion with their former closer, provided they see something worth salvaging.

CC's favorite relief pitcher lol.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
That was a nice series sweep. Although I was fully aware that the Rockies have absolutely no pitching.. Plus no Cargo & Tulo. Can't wait to see Price pitch on Tuesday night against the Yankees! 

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WHO-DEY-BENGALS_14_18 said:
That was a nice series sweep. Although I was fully aware that the Rockies have absolutely no pitching.. Plus no Cargo & Tulo. Can't wait to see Price pitch on Tuesday night against the Yankees! 

He's gonna rocked lol.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Sure, blame it on your phone. We all knew you meant he'd rock. 

Yea he'll rock in Yankee Pinstripes lol

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:

Yea he'll rock in Yankee Pinstripes lol

That's not gonna happen. Maybe Max Scherzer. At this point, I can't see him back in Detroit next year. Price will be. Plus he'd rather be apart of a winning (Tigers) team!

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

That's not gonna happen. Maybe Max Scherzer. At this point, I can't see him back in Detroit next year. Price will be. Plus he'd rather be apart of a winning (Tigers) team!

All those world series trophy that the Tigers have won recently.... Oh wait lol. He might be happy with another ALCS Ring lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%