2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Apparently if the Rockets pick up Chandler Parsons 964K team option for next year, he becomes an UFA the following year. If they decline the option, he becomes a RFA this summer.

This is actually an interesting dilemma.

As a player whose trajectory always seems to be upward (he has rough patches, yes, but he seems to be continually improving), I think Houston should have extended him last summer while his price would have still be reasonable and long before people started pointing out how much of a deal his contract was. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
DMo with two HORRIBLE shots to start the game. Ick. Dude needs to work on finishing close the basket, something fierce.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I love the look of Brooklyn's playing surface. Makes it seem like the crowd is right on top of the game. Fucking awesome look. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
That Livingston play on DMo that was called a blocking foul on DMo is a textbook example of what NBA officials usually call a charge, but I like the call and think it should be called a block 10 times out of 10.

Now, I really think the NBA needs to call more blocking fouls under the basket, regardless of whether or not the defender is outside of the half circle like DMo was, because these collisions are really really dangerous. The NBA needs to be more intent on making defenders avoid sliding under offensive players. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they are. they just released some emails about stuff like that.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Well it's a great idea. I think the best thing the NBA could do, from that standpoint, is get rid of the ridiculous "restricted area" and just create an environment where charge calls aren't made in the paint. 

There are obvious exceptions, such as an offensive player lowering his shoulder or shoving off, but 9 times out of 10 it should be a blocking foul. 

The major problem with exceptions is those exceptions are more often than not going to have more to do with the last name on the jersey than the actual applicable rules. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We get to watch more of the Lakers tonight? AWESOME

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I love the look of Brooklyn's playing surface. Makes it seem like the crowd is right on top of the game. Fucking awesome look.
arena was made specifically for basketball
Definitely great

I hope to visit some day

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
James with 26 points on 4/8 shooting
Whatev

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
does lin always get away with that travel or is it cause chinatown is in the house? ive seen it at least 3 times tonight

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
lol refs

that was clearly a clean block from parsons 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%