2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Feel like I've been saying that for a decade.
And to piggy back off of this statement, I'm not sure if there is that big of a difference between Klay Thompson and Kyle Korver.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dion Waiters for Harrison Barnes seems like a logical trade. Both get a fresh start, Barnes becomes a starter once Deng is dealt and Waiters assumes the Jarrett Jack role on Golden State.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Barnes needs a fresh start, he's just not very good.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree, and I'm unsure if the Cavs would do it, but depending on other offers, I might be interested, although I've heard Waiters does have value around the league, just not 4th pick value (obviously)

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Dion Waiters for Harrison Barnes seems like a logical trade. Both get a fresh start, Barnes becomes a starter once Deng is dealt and Waiters assumes the Jarrett Jack role on Golden State.
What about Jordan Crawford?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think there is a certain thought of what Barnes is as a player, and a lot of fans are shocked that he's struggling this year. People remember the playoffs, but the truth is he was never good last season. Ever. The Spurs thought so little of him that they were fine with letting him score on Tony Parker, so they could limit the actual threats like Curry.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Everyone knows I've always had a low opinion of Barnes, but I'm willing to take a risk if the offers for Waiters are bad.

Also, I'd look out for Deng to the Suns. I can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't get traded

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Everyone knows I've always had a low opinion of Barnes, but I'm willing to take a risk if the offers for Waiters are bad.

Also, I'd look out for Deng to the Suns. I can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't get traded

Again, what about Jamal Crawford?

Also, can Deng be traded? Idk how many days it's been

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they can trade him, but they can't involve anyone else in the deal.

I think that's how it works. May be wrong though.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Actually they can trade him however they want because they're under the cap. Just can't trade back to Chicago.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty sure we're over the cap now. Can only trade Deng by himself until March

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Forgot about Jordan Crawford, but Barnes is not only redundant, but not playing well for Golden State. Gotta get something while you can

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
There's no conspiracy against the raptors. Call or no call, they lose that game.

But yeah it was a bad call
Nobody said anything about a conspiracy. I was simply asking how these calls keep happening to Toronto. I mean, how many times does the NBA want to fuck shit up on one team?

Well, as the play should have been a four point play, yes they could have won the game, but they should have decided to play 48 minutes and not just the last 5. Granted, the Kings have some nice home wins.

Anyway, there NEEDS to be some sort of consequence for calls that bad. Maybe not a fine, but at least a 1 game suspension or something. If the NBA doesn't want this negative press, they need to make some obvious changes. 

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Well, as the play should have been a four point play, yes they could have won the game, but they should have decided to play 48 minutes and not just the last 5.

fuck off with that. acting like you have to be up the whole game to win. fuck outta here 

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You don't, but showing up the last 12 minutes of the game will not get you a lot of dubs.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Nobody said anything about a conspiracy. I was simply asking how these calls keep happening to Toronto. I mean, how many times does the NBA want to fuck shit up on one team?

Well, as the play should have been a four point play, yes they could have won the game, but they should have decided to play 48 minutes and not just the last 5. Granted, the Kings have some nice home wins. 
your first paragraph basically contradicts itself, but anyways. The play *shouldn't* have been a four point play because Lowry initiated the contact by kicking his leg. The ref isn't in the wrong for calling the offensive foul, it's just that it's NEVER called that way in the NBA. I disagree with the call for that reason, and as a shooter who kicks legs to get calls it would piss me off too haha. But in technical terms, the ref wasn't in the wrong, and leg kicking has actually been a point of emphasis amongst refs lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%