2012 NFL Gameday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
RG3 is playing awesome for a Rookie, he deserves all the props he's getting. I don't think he's getting too much hype at all.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd say Luck has been more impressive simply because he completes a lot more passes down field. His completions go significantly further in the air than RG3s. Obviously not the sole barometer for a QB, but very telling.

Both have been incredibly impressive though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the nfl is going to review suh's "groin kick" to schaub lol

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
When was the last time the 2 worst teams both made the playoffs the year after?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Luck currently has the Colts in the playoff picture. Did you see that team without him last year? The Redskins beat the Super Bowl champions twice last year, so they were at least formidable. I'm not saying RG3 hasn't done great things in Washington but he's running a gimmick offense. I'm not going to call RG3 an elite QB until I see him do it in a pro offense (don't say he is because even Hurricane said the Redskins are babying the hell out of him)

And give him credit because it's working for now but just like Denver last year teams are going to figure out how to stop it and that will be that...
They've opened the passing game up significantly the past two weeks out of the bye, and it's been pretty damn successful thus far. I've been much more impressed with the playcalling, but it's only two games. We'll see how long that continues. That's not me having little faith in Griffin as a quarterback, that's my lack of faith in little Shanny's playcalling ability.

Anyway, the MVP talk is nonsense, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for allowing media hype to dictate your feelings about certain players.

well, the whole time he was in the Redskins didn't score a single offensive point. I think RG3 is a great athlete, however he's way overhyped, not necessarily overrated
and lets not forget the number of playmakers around him in DC. Outside of an impressive year from Alfred Morris (who?)
The playmakers around him that lead the league in dropped passes, and the most penalized team in the league?

I love what Morris has done as much as anyone. He's a very tough back with great vision, but let's not act like Morris would be having a season anywhere near as impressive without Griffin under center. The presence of Griffin alone is this teams running game.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rex Grossman and John Beck... jesus.

I am ecstatic to have a quarterback to defend and stick up for. It's great to be able to finally participate in a quarterback argument with a little bias.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Luck currently has the Colts in the playoff picture. Did you see that team without him last year? The Redskins beat the Super Bowl champions twice last year, so they were at least formidable. I'm not saying RG3 hasn't done great things in Washington but he's running a gimmick offense. I'm not going to call RG3 an elite QB until I see him do it in a pro offense (don't say he is because even Hurricane said the Redskins are babying the hell out of him)

And give him credit because it's working for now but just like Denver last year teams are going to figure out how to stop it and that will be that...
RG3 currently has the Redskins in the playoff picture.

Just because the Redskins beat the Giants twice last season doesn't make them formidable, it means that the Giants played down to their opponents like they do every year.

For you to go an entire post without mentioning RG3's running ability is exactly why he's not overrated. RG3's value doesn't lie solely in his arm and only judging his passing is ignoring an elite facet of his game.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
RG3 currently has the Redskins in the playoff picture.

Just because the Redskins beat the Giants twice last season doesn't make them formidable, it means that the Giants played down to their opponents like they do every year.

For you to go an entire post without mentioning RG3's running ability is exactly why he's not overrated. RG3's value doesn't lie solely in his arm and only judging his passing is ignoring an elite facet of his game.
The Redskins are in the playoff picture if they win next week and not until then. They're under .500 and has a team under .500 every won a Wild Card spot?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
To be in the playoff picture you have to have a legitimate chance at making the playoffs, which the Redskins do. I'd be surprised if they made it, but that doesn't mean they're not in the picture right now.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Anyway, the MVP talk is nonsense, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for allowing media hype to dictate your feelings about certain players.
The media is who creates the level of "rate" for us to determine if someone is overrated or underrated. I think RG3 is a fine player. But you have people like Mike Wilbon who called him the best player in the NFL. Absolutely ridiculous.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Andrew Luck has a defense. Not a great defense, by any means, but Washington's D is a joke. RG3 is playing better, by far. 4 INTs. 4. That's insane.

I didn't say it was simple to stop Washington. I said the scheme that gets it done is simple. Defenses are over-complicating what they do, trying to confuse him, which isn't happening. Relax and play disciplined defense and he becomes human very quickly, just like any other QB. Chicago's defense is perennially good, and they don't do anything special.

11 dropped passes or not, Pittsburgh still held Washington to what? 10 points? Don't act like Dick LeBeau's schemes had nothing to do with it.

The Redskins are never a doormat, as far as I'm concerned. I actually have found them to be quite good for a few years--they just lacked a QB. They've had some teams that were a good QB away from being contenders.

Doormats? Are there any doormats aside from KC and Jacksonville anymore?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The media is who creates the level of "rate" for us to determine if someone is overrated or underrated. I think RG3 is a fine player. But you have people like Mike Wilbon who called him the best player in the NFL. Absolutely ridiculous.
I love Mike Wilbon--he's one of my favorite ESPN personalities--but he's the quickest ESPN analyst to point out when he thinks racism is involved (and most of the time he's wrong), and also the quickest to put an African American athlete on a pedestal.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love Mike Wilbon--he's one of my favorite ESPN personalities--but he's the quickest ESPN analyst to point out when he thinks racism is involved (and most of the time he's wrong), and also the quickest to put an African American athlete on a pedestal.

he pulls the race card the fastest.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Andrew Luck has a defense. Not a great defense, by any means, but Washington's D is a joke. RG3 is playing better, by far. 4 INTs. 4. That's insane.

I didn't say it was simple to stop Washington. I said the scheme that gets it done is simple. Defenses are over-complicating what they do, trying to confuse him, which isn't happening. Relax and play disciplined defense and he becomes human very quickly, just like any other QB. Chicago's defense is perennially good, and they don't do anything special.

11 dropped passes or not, Pittsburgh still held Washington to what? 10 points? Don't act like Dick LeBeau's schemes had nothing to do with it.

The Redskins are never a doormat, as far as I'm concerned. I actually have found them to be quite good for a few years--they just lacked a QB. They've had some teams that were a good QB away from being contenders.

Doormats? Are there any doormats aside from KC and Jacksonville anymore?
4 INTs because he only takes shots down the field to wide open players. The rest is dump offs. Like I said, I want to see RG3 run a pro offense before I judge him. Until then he's a gimmick

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate the mentality of saying "so and so" on TV hates my favorite team, but it's hilarious how much Mark May actually hates Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%