2012 NFL Draft Thread.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
but technically it's not :)

and I can't remember the last time the NFL was this confident in what the 1st and Second picks were going to be, this early.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Fuck the browns tho, they gonna fuck up everybodys Mock draft.. and select like a punter or something.. Just kinda a fuck you to the NFL.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just kind of hoping we take the best lineman available if Trent doesn't fall by way of a miracle...And resigning Kyle needs to be top priority

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Just kind of hoping we take the best lineman available if Trent doesn't fall by way of a miracle...And resigning Kyle needs to be top priority
Don't see the point in drafting Trent if I'm the Chiefs, there's no sense in having him and Charles. Not enough carries to properly utilize two potential top 5 RBs on one team.

Signing Peyton needs to be top priority, screw Kyle Orton. He isn't that much better than Cassel that it would make sense to have both on the roster, especially since Cassel is making a big chunk of change.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
I'm holding out hope that Richardson falls past 11 and Cincinnati trades up. Crazy unlikely though. If I was Cleveland I would definitely take him, but we'll see. I think TB and Kansas City have more pressing needs, but he's just so fucking good.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Really see it kinda going like this.

Free Agency.

Vincent Jackson - Bucs
Cortland Finnegan - Bucs
Brandon Carr - Cowboys
Mario Williams - Jaguars
Matt Flynn - Browns
Manning - Broncos

Indy - Luck
Wash - RG3
Minn - Kalil
Cleveland - Richardson
Tampa Bay - Here will be a surprise pick, maybe Brockers or even Poe.
St. Louis - Blackmon
Jaguars - Claiborne.

Bucs HC will want a meaner Defense thats why they signed Finnegan and will go after a big DT up front.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's some rumor out there that the Rams have offered #6, #33, and #39 for #4. Just a rumor though.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Thats gotta be BS, unless they are in love with Mo or Trent

If its for Blackmon thats a mistake

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe the Browns have them convinced they'd take Blackmon at 4

:kobe:

Prob not true, but I was just passing it along.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
With Andrew Luck slated to go first overall to the Colts and Robert Griffin III second to the Redskins, the Minnesota Vikings are effectively on the clock, with the third overall pick in the NFL draft. Unlike the Colts and the Redskins, the Vikings aren’t making it obvious who they’ll pick. But they are offering some hints.

Bob Sansevere of the Pioneer Press writes that Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman is talking like a man who isn’t as high on USC left tackle Matt Kalil as everyone seems to think, and that Spielman has been hinting that he’d draft LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne over Kalil with the third overall pick.

If the Vikings were to pass on Kalil, that would be a surprise. Virtually every mock draft has the Vikings taking Kalil third overall. But Claiborne, who won the Jim Thorpe Award as the best defensive back in college football last year, is widely regarded as the best defensive player in the draft, and he’d be a solid choice at No. 3 as well.

The reality, however, is that unlike the Colts and the Redskins, the Vikings simply aren’t going to tip their hands, and any information coming out of Minnesota right now has to be considered part of an attempt to drive up interest in trading for the third overall pick. The Vikings want to keep other teams guessing about whether Kalil, Claiborne or Oklahoma State’s Justin Blackmon will get past the third pick because they hope one team that falls in love with one of those players will give them a package of picks for the third pick, just as the Falcons gave the Browns a package of picks for the right to draft Julio Jones last year.

If the Vikings don’t get that package and stay put, Kalil is still the favorite to go third. But Spielman is letting the word to get out: He also likes Claiborne.
PFT

Smokescreen? Anybody other than Kalil at that pick is pretty stupid.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would they be throwing up a smokescreen when they're essentially on the clock?

I hope they do pass on Kalil though, makes #4 more valuable on the open market.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I have no idea, all I know that if Kalil isn't the pick, it's the wrong pick.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lions brought in LaMichael James for a pre-draft visit. I don't want us to draft him unless its late in the draft. Don't want another small ass running back

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Jags have Lee Evans in today for a Visit.. and if we sign him and draft blackmon.. Depth Chart will look like this.

Justin Blackmon
Laurent Robinson
Mike Thomas
Lee Evans
Cecil Shorts

Naht Bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%