2012 NFL Draft Thread.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm starting to believe the Browns won't trade up, and they'll take Claiborne at 4.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Browns wont trade up. I understand they need a QB, but for a team that traded away their 1st last year for more picks, wouldnt surrender 2 1sts and a 2nd and 3rd.

Its not like its Jacksonville, and if Blackmon/Claiborne arent there, the talent level drops off. JB/MC/TR are all real good prospects

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Browns wont trade up. I understand they need a QB, but for a team that traded away their 1st last year for more picks, wouldnt surrender 2 1sts and a 2nd and 3rd.

Its not like its Jacksonville, and if Blackmon/Claiborne arent there, the talent level drops off. JB/MC/TR are all real good prospects
I honestly think the Browns will trade down. They're known for doing that recently.

I expect this draft to be trench heavy. Could see Seattle trading up for Tannehill.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They've been trading down because the team just in general lacked young talent. They already have 3 of the top 36 picks and they need play makers.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I dont think they need to, unless they fear someone else will trade up from behind and get him.

Miami is too linked to Peyton to draft Tannehill.
KC has Orton and Cassel. Doubt they draft another QB, would be just way too crouded.
And not a chance Cleveland takes him 4th overall.

So unless someone intends on moving up, I'd stay at #12 for Seattle

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
They've been trading down because the team just in general lacked young talent. They already have 3 of the top 36 picks and they need play makers.
They can still get Major playmakers.. This is a very loaded draft with shit like that, trade down to like 11/12 and get more.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont think they need to, unless they fear someone else will trade up from behind and get him.

Miami is too linked to Peyton to draft Tannehill.
KC has Orton and Cassel. Doubt they draft another QB, would be just way too crouded.
And not a chance Cleveland takes him 4th overall.

So unless someone intends on moving up, I'd stay at #12 for Seattle
We don't have Orton..I doubt he comes back as well

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anyway, here's to hoping Manning ends up in DC, and Flynn goes to Miami..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Claiborne will be the next shutdown corner in the NFL. As someone who watches every LSU football game, Claiborne is a better prospect and player than Peterson last year.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Claiborne will be the next shutdown corner in the NFL. As someone who watches every LSU football game, Claiborne is a better prospect and player than Peterson last year.
Pair em with Joe Haden and no one is throwin on the Browns.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Tannehill is raw, much like Gabbert was last year. I could see the Dolphins drafting him and grooming him for the future.. Even with Manning there.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He's the only logical choice if we can't get RG3. They aren't going to reach for Blackmon or Trent.
They'll trade out or have a surprise pick. Wont draft another CB that high.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Tannehill is raw, much like Gabbert was last year. I could see the Dolphins drafting him and grooming him for the future.. Even with Manning there.
You'd think with a high draft pick, you would pick up someone with immediate impact to the team, knowing Peyton puts them in playoff contention.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They'll trade out or have a surprise pick. Wont draft another CB that high.
We have no other corners worth note other then Haden, it would make a lot of sense. Not to mention he'd most certainly be the best player left on the board at #4. Our biggest need is receiver, QB, linebacker and cornerback. I get the feeling the Browns don't like Blackmon and there are no QBs or linebackers worth taking at #4, leaving Claiborne as a likely candidate for the pick.

I could see them maybe taking a DE, but we would be taking someone less valuable then Claiborne, and CB is a bigger need anyway.

Receiver will get taken care of at #22 or #37.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%