2012 NFL Draft Thread.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm excited to see Wilson tonight. I have a feeling he declares. Would probably jump Tannehill as #3 QB if he does. Plus, he's already 22.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Well now that Osweiler (love typing/saying that name lol) declared, my next prospect video will be Brock Osweiler vs. Utah (2011)

TTN2810

Reaction score
This year, I would have him late second to early third. If he would have stayed, top 20 in 2013. However, I'm willing to bet some team takes him early to mid second. The man has every physical tool. 6'8, 240 rocket arm. He's basically a less experienced Ryan Mallett. Someone will take a chance to develop him. I like him, but he really really should have stayed.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Seeing more and more why Osweiler declared. His offensive coordinator left ASU and he would have had to learn a new system. So I guess he just feels he might as well just do that in the NFL. Man, he has soooo much upside though. HUGE arm, and is really impressing me with accuracy. Want to see him go somewhere for a year or two to sit, and learn, because he was in a spread offense. I could see a team like Denver or KC taking him in the second.

TTN2810

Reaction score
WOW. Wilson is making some real NFL throws. Holy shit.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Anyone here have Twitter? Had to make one to get in contact with other guys who make prospect videos. Anyways if you do, follow me. TTN2810. I'll follow you too.

TTN2810

Reaction score
This thread is dead cause of playoffs lol
Well, I'll just type anyways.

Watched 2 games of Osweiler so far. One he looked like a 1st rounder, the second he looked like a 4th rounder. Though the second game was the bowl game against Boise and Az St was badly outmatched, and it was his worst game of the year (I hear from Az St fans). I'm gonna try and watch 2-3 more, and make a final decision. If I had to compare him to a prospect coming out, it would be Gabbert, but a Gabbert who isn't scared to get hit. He's got ALL the tools, he's just gotta put it together. And like Gabbert, no one expected him to come out, and now he's probably the 3rd ranked QB. I like him more than Cousins, but haven't watched Foles yet.

If you want to watch for yourself:

Brock Osweiler vs. Utah (2011)

Mooche

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Osweiler, at all...

He definitely does some things well. That size is a great asset, and his arm is super strong. However, his accuracy down field is just WILD. Anything he throws outside of the hash marks and down the field seems like a big gamble. He really scares me in that sense. Another thing I want to see from him is his 5-7 step drops under center. Brock is a huge guy, and appears to have good athletic ability but how well/fast can he get out from under the center? The ASU offense doesn't allow us to see that.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldnt pick Brock until the late 3rd round. Seems too much like a project QB; needs some good coaching before he can come in.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Well Brock was a point guard (I believe I heard) which should mean he has quick feet, which could help with the footwork.

TTN2810

Reaction score
LOL Kam. I'm not the only one who think Blackmon is comparable to TO

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2012jblackmon.php

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
No, he was invited to try out for the team, where he would be a PF, not a PG

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Walter football can be sooo far off sometimes though.

I mean, in that scouting report alone they say one of his strengths is "game breaking speed." I'm not going to say he's slow, because he isn't as slow as some are making him out to be, but he isn't a burner by any stretch of the imagination. He's more quick than fast.

And in their Lamar Miller scouting report, they say his receiving ability and durability are two strengths. Receiving ability is an unknown at best, and he played injured all season. It's great that it didn't sideline him, but it obviously affected his play.

TTN2810

Reaction score
One of the games I watched they said he was a PG..
IDK. Maybe I heard wrong.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Walter football can be sooo far off sometimes though.

I mean, in that scouting report alone they say one of his strengths is "game breaking speed." I'm not going to say he's slow, because he isn't as slow as some are making him out to be, but he isn't a burner by any stretch of the imagination. He's more quick than fast.

And in their Lamar Miller scouting report, they say his receiving ability and durability are two strengths. Receiving ability is an unknown at best, and he played injured all season. It's great that it didn't sideline him, but it obviously affected his play.
I know. They say Wilson runs a 4.59 too. They can be off, but they still are pretty respected.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Getting 2 more Osweiler games.
You guys think 4 games is enough to get a full grasp on a QB prospect?

Mooche

Reaction score
Big time NFL prospects in the rematch tonight.

Looking forward to watching Mo, Hightower and T-Rich.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'll have my eyes on Claiborne since the Vikes might take him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%