2012 NCAA Tournament Thread

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
You guys are 2-12 from the field and your best player is 0-4 from the field, how in the world is that Bill Self's fault?

RManske2

Reaction score
Still early in the game, wouldn't worry yet but if for some reason Kansas loses then I will blame that as the curse of being the 2 seed this year.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Kendall Marshall can't play against Ohio, Ohio is going to have a significant advantage at PG with Coop, something to look out for.

RManske2

Reaction score
According to the ticker on ESPN, Marshall suffered a broken wrist so it will be interesting to see how, or if, he will be able to play with that. While it is his non-shooting hand depending on the type of cast not sure how he will be able to dribble and pass using the off hand.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'd still take Carolina, they'd have a significant advantage everywhere else on the floor still, even without Marshall.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All it takes is one guy to get hot and dominate, combined with a few poor outings from the power house of course.

RManske2

Reaction score
Wow, Kansas should not have won that game. Talk about escaping with the win but it raises questions how legitimate they are going forward.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Purdue isn't a good matchup for KU because they can't utilize one of their strengths which is their frontcourt combination of Robinson and Withey. Versus NC State both of them will be out on the floor at the same time.

Also it doesn't help that KU didn't shoot it well.

I'm really looking forward to the Leslie/Robinson matchup.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I expect msu to get blown out by Louisville on thursday.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The state of Ohio is 8-0, 4 teams in the sweet 16. Never been done before.

3 of them are gonna lose next round tho, and the one survivor will be whoever wins between OSU-Nati.

BlueNation

Reaction score
The state of Ohio is 8-0, 4 teams in the sweet 16. Never been done before.

3 of them are gonna lose next round tho, and the one survivor will be whoever wins between OSU-Nati.
Not so fast my friend. Baylor is going to need body bags Friday. Xavier is going to zip 'em up.
Honestly I have never been in such an atmosphere. Not just after the wins but right now everyone is so happy and as excited as ever for our team. After our two wins there was a few hundred people on the green space (our diag) going crazy. Both times a "f*** UC" rang out, among other chants.

It's worth noting that 4 of the last 5 years Xavier has made the Sweet 16

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not so fast my friend. Baylor is going to need body bags Friday. Xavier is going to zip 'em up.
Honestly I have never been in such an atmosphere. Not just after the wins but right now everyone is so happy and as excited as ever for our team. After our two wins there was a few hundred people on the green space (our diag) going crazy. Both times a "f*** UC" rang out, among other chants.

It's worth noting that 4 of the last 5 years Xavier has made the Sweet 16
Well, actually I think Xavier could win. They're definitely better than the 10 seed indicates and Baylor has a multitude of players who can disappear

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
are you kidding me... If you pump fake, and the defender buys it and JUMPS, you LEAN IN AND TAKE THE FOUL!!!

But no, idiot hi-top bro decides not to shoot it and instead turns around and passes the ball. Unbelievable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%