2012 NBA Free Agency thread

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
To clarify, Houston hasn't actually offered Lin anything yet. But Lee accepting QO had obvious potential to muck things up.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Dwight Jaynes of CSNNW.com reports that restricted free agent forward Nicolas Batum could be unhappy with the Portland Trail Blazers.
-------------------------------
Minnesota has reportedly offered Batum $45 million over four seasons but is said to be willing to negotiate a sign-and-trade deal with the Trail Blazers for a package that might include players and future draft choices. Batum's agent tried to negotiate a contract extension during the season but believes the team low-balled him with an offer estimated around $6 million.

"Batum never wants to play in Portland again," the source said. "And has determined that Minnesota is the best for him and his family."
-------------------------------

Batum left a weekend visit with the Minnesota Timberwolves without an agreement on an offer. He's set to meet with the Blazers later this week. His other suitors are said to include the New Orleans Hornets, Toronto Raptors and Cleveland Cavaliers.

Suitors can offer Batum a 4-year contract while Portland can add a fifth year. Offer sheets cannot be signed until July 11, after the NBA's free agency moratorium is completed. At that point, the Blazers would have three days to match.

Batum said back in April that he was "99 percent" sure that the Blazers would match any offer made to him and the team's ownership and management has consistently referred to him as one of the roster's core pieces. The Blazers extended a qualifying offer to Batum last week.

Batum, 23, averaged 13.9 points, 4.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.0 blocks and 1.0 steals in 30.4 minutes for the Blazers last season.
:spideypalm:

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
should have traded him

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well technically you still might trade him :p

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Lakers have entered the bidding for Steve Nash, according to a source.

In order to acquire Nash, Los Angeles would almost certainly need to execute a sign-and-trade with the Suns.

Ramon Sessions, Jordan Hill and Matt Barnes are all free agents.
o_O

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Clippers, Pacers, Bulls, Mavericks and Wizards have all expressed interest in Courtney Lee, according to sources.

The Rockets withdrew their qualifying offer to Lee as they attempt to sign Omer Asik and possibly several other free agents.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
So Eric Gordon signed a max offer sheet, 4/$58 with Phoenix and the Hornets are expected to match

BUT

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard
Eric Gordon told me this: "I strongly feel (the Suns) are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is.''
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
As I wrote last week, if Eric Gordon wants out of New Orleans, the Hornets will try to do a sign-and-trade rather than letting him walk.
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The New Orleans Hornets will match the 4-year, $58 million offer sheet Eric Gordon agreed to sign with Phoenix, league source tells Y!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Phoenix is an odd place to have your heart in, considering they suck.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Silver lining: They can match and trade him in the middle of next season, and play Austin Rivers at SG instead of that PG nonsense.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that sounds made up lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I take back the heart comment. He probably wants to go there for the training staff.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Phoenix is an odd place to have your heart in, considering they suck.
If it means anything, the city of phoenix itself is a really nice city. clean, nice weather, and really efficient city planning.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ray Allen looked done in the post-season. Part of the reason the Celtics lost to the Heat.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ray Allen looked done in the post-season. Part of the reason the Celtics lost to the Heat.
That's what I'm saying so I'm not really afraid of Miami because of Ray going there.

NBA's new retirement home.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying so I'm not really afraid of Miami because of Ray going there.

NBA's new retirement home.
fuck i was going to call miami an old folks home lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%