2012 NBA Free Agency thread

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Kaman will visit with the Pacers on Monday. Kaman could become Roy Hibbert's replacement should Indiana elect not to match his offer sheet.
understandable. i still think they may actually match the hibbert deal. david wets is expiring this year and granger is next. matching for hibbert and then re-working those two as they expire wouldnt hurt.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jeremy Lin's return to the Knicks is far from certain, according to sources.

If a club offers Lin a backloaded contract that pays eight-figures in the third and fourth seasons, New York will not necessarily match it.

The Raptors are in the position to offer Lin a backloaded, 'poison pill' type of deal. Toronto is currently in pursuit of Steve Nash, but could pursue Lin as an alternative if they are unsuccessful.

The Knicks can offer Lin a four-year deal worth $24.5 million, but a rival team could go as high as $40 million over four years. The first and second seasons would pay $5 million annually and then $15 million in the final two seasons.

Toronto, Dallas and Brooklyn have all expressed interest in Lin, according to sources.
this back-loaded deals are going to start getting crazy.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Warriors are in preliminary contract talks with J.J. Hickson, according to sources. Golden State is looking to improves its frontline with Hickson and are prepared to offer a mid-level exception.

The Blazers elected not to extend the qualifying offer to Hickson as they opted to pursue Roy Hibbert.

Hickson was waived by the Kings and later claimed by Portland.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Pistons have reached a verbal agreement with 7-foot Ukrainian center Vyacheslav Kratsov.

"Vyacheslav intends to sign a player contract with the Pistons when the moratorium period ends," Kravtsov's representative, Jeff Schwartz, said Sunday night.

Kravtsov averaged 10.6 points and 5.5 rebounds in 22 minutes per game last season for BC Donetsk.
Read he is a good shot blocker and defender, and could be the first big off the bench for us. And that he dominated some games with Jonas Valanciunas and Enes Kanter in previous games.

Think this also means the end of Charlie V. Hopefully lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A source said Phoenix and Detroit are among those pursuing small forward Michael Beasley. Minnesota declined to extend the former No. 2 pick a qualifying offer, making him an unrestricted free agent.
Trade has to be coming if we do get Beasley. Whether it be Prince or Maggette. Who knows.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that guy could mean drummond is starting, or maxiell is. beas could be looked at as our pf though if we're serious about signing him. i could see mags being offered in a s&t.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see much happening, so I wont take too much thought into it. But if he is pursuing another SF, it only gets me wondering what else he could possibly do if we got him.

This sounds just like a Dumars move though. A lottery pick that hasn't quite worked out yet.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Beasley, if his head coach can get him to play defense and bring it 100% in every game, is a potential all star.

But then again, Rick Adelman couldn't do it. He was better under Rick, but I think we may have seen flashes of his ceiling last year.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jrue Holiday is out of his mind if he thinks he'll get the max. I'd rather just draft a point next year like Zo Brown and keep it moving.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Probasketballdraft: Keep hearing the Dwight Howard sweepstakes has wider net than many realize. One team to watch in particular is LA. Clippers are a darkhorse. Word around the league is that Dwight Howard's value has fallen because of back injury and the way he handled his impending free agency. One exec I spoke to said that a package of DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, and Caron Butler might be enough. Relationship between Howard and the Magic is turning ugly in a hurry.
@ProBasketballDraft regarding Clippers/Dwight Howard, source with knowledge of team's plans says no chance of a deal there so long as Blake Griffin or Chris Paul are the pieces Orlando pushes for in a possible deal. And, naturally, they would be.
daldridgetnt: Despite Dwight Howard's desire to go to Brooklyn, there's currently no Nets deal that interests Orlando, according to source. Story up soon.
And George Hill signed a five year deal with Indy.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the clippers are already thin enough. gutting the rest of the roster for dwight would be stupid.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This whole Dwight thing reminds me of CP3's "desire" to go to NY. There wasn't a Knicks deal that interested the Hornets, so they moved along. Like the Hornets, the Magic will get the best deal for their team, not for Dwight.

And honestly, I know the Magic GM has a job to do and Dwight may have scared off other teams, but fuck him. I'd feel obligated to send him anywhere but Brooklyn, or at the very least gut their roster.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would the Nets gut their roster when Dwight came out and said he would only sign with the Nets?

Obviously, Billy King is an idiot and might do it anyway, but yea.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if they like the deal and the other team understands hes not going to re-sign and still wants the trade then id take it.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would the Nets gut their roster when Dwight came out and said he would only sign with the Nets?

Obviously, Billy King is an idiot and might do it anyway, but yea.
Get him there a year earlier.

Not take the risk of him hitting the open market and falling in love with another franchise.

etc

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
what does this joe johnson trade mean for dwight???

Joe for DeShawn(S&T), Farmar, Morrow, Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, 2013 Rockets protected pick

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im thinking it means hes not going to be a net unless they work a s&t for brook which would be hilarious.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Goran Dragic has received interest for the Rockets, Raptors, Suns, Nets, Hornets and Lakers.

Dragic expects to start for whichever team he signs with.

Dragic, according to a source, will consider being part of a winning team as much as money.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dragic is staying in Houston

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%