2012-2013 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
James Harden isn't a superstar. He shouldn't even be in the All-Star Game. He's doing what Kevin Martin and Monta Ellis were both criticized for, being an inefficient chucker, but no one seems to care because it's James Harden
saying he shouldnt be in the asg is just dumb

Monta only didnt make it because his teams always sucked and there were too many good guards unlike kyrie this year for instance(kyrie gets in regardless because he's been better than monta was anyways)

And go look at kevin martin again. He was good in Sac but agin, terrible team. And he was never as good as James with the Rockets when he was in Houston

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think what it is, is that Harden had sex with both CC's and Nola's mothers. They are just bitter about that.
Neither me or CC are bitter about anything. I'm sure CC would agree that he is far from a bad player. I'd take him on the Hornets and I'm sure CC would take him on the Magic. He's a #1 option on a playoff contender, just not a #1 option on a title contender. Harden is one of the best at getting into the lane and finishing or drawing fouls. But me and CC are the only two that go past that, I guess. Again, he's a good player, just not the player he's made out to be among the fans of the NBA. It's almost like people refuse to look past his box score stats.

I think me and CC kind of disagree on why we don't think he's the next great thing though. CC likes to bring up his offense. I personally do think he deserved the All-Star game. But below average fg%, below average 3pt%, below average efg%, he gets his shot blocked more than any other swing in the game, slightly above average assist rate, above average turnover rate. Bad jumper shooter (34% midrange, 33% three point). But none of that matters to me, to me it will always be about his defense. It's awful, and there's no other way to say that. I've said it so many times, I don't care if you put up 30 a game, if you aren't atleast a solid defender I won't hold you to very high regard, and you definitely aren't a great player or a superstar if you only play one end of the floor. I posted the All-Stars points per play differential the other day. He barely contributes more points than he gives up. 1 ppp offensively to 0.96 defensively. 43% field goals, 41% from three. I mean who are some of the guys that aren't exactly praised for their defense? Ramon Sessions? 0.86 ppp, 37%, 38%. Jamal Crawford? 0.82, 35%, 35%. JR Smith? 0.82, 40%, 35%. Who am I missing? Like I've said in the past Kevin Martin was always hounded for his defense in Houston but even he's a better defender than James.

tl;dr summary: Harden is a good offensive player who benefits from a high usage rate and a very very poor defensive player.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Oh I know he's a very bad defensive player but you always talk about that a lot so I focus on the offense when I post here. Kinda like a tag team effort

And I wouldn't want him on the Magic because I wouldn't want our ownership to get complacent thinking we got a superstar to build around like the Rockets seemingly have. I like Harden as a 2nd or 3rd option, but not as a 1.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh I know he's a very bad defensive player but you always talk about that a lot so I focus on the offense when I post here. Kinda like a tag team effort

And I wouldn't want him on the Magic because I wouldn't want our ownership to get complacent thinking we got a superstar to build around like the Rockets seemingly have. I like Harden as a 2nd or 3rd option, but not as a 1.
I can agree with all of this lol. I just think if you're a team who's content with just being a tough out in the playoffs every year then sure I guess he's fine. But you won't win a title with him being your #1 guy.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this dude hit another game winner?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
28 footer from straight on, contested, for the win.

What a player

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Speights and Ellington are our best bench players, by far lol. This is going to hurt the draft pick position. The bench is actually keeping the Cavs in the game, giving Kyrie a chance to close games, and he's doing that.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh14_fkyvq0

what a stupid shot

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGUI1lWzFlVc&start1=10&video2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dhb4MPVHd-XQ&start2=6&authorName=

poor raps

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I started a franchise in 2k with the Cavs. I'm honestly turning into a huge Kyrie fan and I hate it cause he's a Cav lol.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pugz is kyrie elite yet?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pugz is kyrie elite yet?
i said he was but i wont say it until he gets more W's. skillset wise he is.

you bringing this up still dont mean shit because youre by far the most blind fan here. clamoring over good numbers while ignoring the bad numbers that hamper the good.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol what
im talking before the season I think I said kyrie would be a top 5 pg in a few months

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I need to clear up james harden.

he is my favorite player. You all know this goes back to okc

for a while I was saying free james because he is better than just a 6th man. I wanted him to spread like joe johnson and gilbert

So when he got his own team I was pumped. Then his first few games were bananas

He still puts up big numbers on limited shots. I have a thing for free throw attempts.

Offensively he is efficient and I like that. In turn, I ended up watcbing a lot of the rockets and am definitely pullimg for them because I like their team

But you guys all know me by now. I say crazy shit all the time. Amnesty kobe, remember lol.

I know who james is, no need to lecture me. But so what. He's still my favorite player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%