2012-2013 NBA Regular Season Thread

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still can't understand the reasoning to not start Drummond now. Especially with Monroe struggling. Obviously don't stand much of a chance of winning when Monroe is struggling. Move him to PF and let's see what happens.

Not only that, but if the franchise wants to bring more fans to the game, you start the kid. One of the few reasons Pistons fans are excited about the team, and you are sitting him. Starting him will bring more excitement and more fans.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Frank probably doesn't have any insurance, faith, stability, etc in his job, it's not like a Monty Williams situation where he has a new deal and isn't going anywhere. Frank is really trying to keep his job right now, he knows the Pistons could cut him loose. With that said, a coach will ALWAYS go with a guy that he can trust vs a guy that he can't. That's not saying anything bad about Drummond, it's just common sense that coach would trust a 29 year old who's been in the league for 7 seasons over a guy who's only 19.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats for damn sure. our fans are pathetic now.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Team is still pathetic with Maxiell starting. I think the fact Frank doesn't have the balls to make a change is hurting his case more than anything. When we started the year winless, he sat back and did literally nothing. Dude has the worst rotations. I just can't stand him anymore really. The fact Villanueva is playing while Jerebko gets DNP's is so irritating.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i still really think a lot of his flaws are coming from the front office

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The roster is ass. But he is using the roster just as badly. Some of the rotations he is putting out there are absolutely baffling. There is no reason Maxiell and Villanueva should ever see the floor together at the same time.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its tanking without 'tanking'

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We are doomed for a mid-lottery pick regardless. lol.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Rip I don't get why you're so set on Drummond starting he's definitely not ready. His minutes are starting to increase Idk what more you want without being unreasonable

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I went to the home opener but not since. I was suppose to go Friday, but my plans fell through.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip I don't get why you're so set on Drummond starting he's definitely not ready. His minutes are starting to increase Idk what more you want without being unreasonable
Because, while I'm not big on the +/- stat, it is clear by looking at it that we are a better team with Drummond on the floor. His personal rating is +25. And he is part of the top six, 5 player combinations for our team. And I don't think I said he is ready. But we are clearly a better team with him on the floor, so there is no reason not to get him on the floor to start the game so we can start games better. He is already a better defender then the hobbit, Maxiell. And you can see the difference defensively when he is on the floor, where we normally get abused inside while Maxiell-Monroe is in the game. He just always seems to make plays when he is out there, and there really isn't many times where he just looks like a rookie out there.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ive gone to at least one game a season and one pre-season game for the last 5 years and it gets more and more empty each game.
So pathetic. Seems like forever ago we had that sell-out streak going. Sucks too cause Detroit still has passionate ass fans for the Pistons, they just don't want to go watch the product that Dumars' dumb ass has put together.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
drummond does actually get lost on defense at times and does look like a rookie. max gets more time because he looks likes hes doing much better than he actually is. i dont think he should be starting tho.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So pathetic. Seems like forever ago we had that sell-out streak going.
i know. my first game was during that streak and it was CRAZY. its sad because the palace is actually really nice and really clean. the place is dead.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i know. my first game was during that streak and it was CRAZY. its sad because the palace is actually really nice and really clean. the place is dead.
Doesn't help that ticket prices are still pretty damn high lol.

But I think Gores, being the business man he is, will have no choice to make changes soon. He probably doesn't enjoy losing money lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't help that ticket prices are still pretty damn high lol.

But I think Gores, being the business man he is, will have no choice to make changes soon. He probably doesn't enjoy losing money lol.
and everything else is high as hell too. the halftime shows arent drawing anyone in either ha

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and everything else is high as hell too. the halftime shows arent drawing anyone in either ha
Can't imagine it's easy to book a decent performance for a Pistons game haha.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you guys not use Stubhub?

You can get tickets in this section for 20 bucks for Tuesdays game, tickets are mad cheap on there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%