2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
None of that had to do with who was gonna win, had to with infamous posting that he hopes starting Stafford is the right decision instead of Freeman.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
None of that had to do with who was gonna win, had to with infamous posting that he hopes starting Stafford is the right decision instead of Freeman.
Oh, didn't really pay attention. I'd start Stafford. Bucs secondary is better but Stafford has more weapons, I think he will have the bigger game regardless.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Also, from what I seen in preseason, the Lions offensive line played better than the Bucs. Freeman was lucky to make it out of the game alive against the Patriots, they could not block him for anything. I know it's just preseason, but the Bucs offensive line isn't that great. Larsen isn't very good and neither is Trueblood.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
The Bucs also have more of a running game, the Lions don't really have a running game. Stafford will put up bigger numbers.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Also, from what I seen in preseason, the Lions offensive line played better than the Bucs. Freeman was lucky to make it out of the game alive against the Patriots, they could not block him for anything. I know it's just preseason, but the Bucs offensive line isn't that great. Larsen isn't very good and neither is Trueblood.
It's.. Just.. Preseason..

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Makes the offense 1 dimensional. Teams know whats coming.
Like I said, I still think Stafford will have the bigger game, regardless. I know the Bucs pretty well, I think Stafford will be able to throw on them, even if they have Talib & Barber. I know the Bucs real well, the offensive line is suspect. Faine is good, Joseph is good and Penn is good. Trueblood and Larsen are the problem.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Makes the offense 1 dimensional. Teams know whats coming.
Tell the Colts, Chargers, Saints & Packers that... Defenses still can't stop them.. They will pass it down your throat all day, even if you know it's coming. I'm not saying the Lions are to that level, but they will be strong.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I can't wait for opening weekend. I'm going to miss (sadly) about the 4th quarter, but the Titans should have a firm lead at that point anyways :p

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Tell the Colts, Chargers, Saints & Packers that... Defenses still can't stop them.. They will pass it down your throat all day, even if you know it's coming. I'm not saying the Lions are to that level, but they will be strong.
Really..... Reallyyyyyyyyyy???

Peyton is god of the Play Action. Saints have threats at RB, Chargers had a run game last year, Packers go 5 wide.. Lions aren't on Packers level, and nowhere close.

swoosh

Reaction score

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wasn't even debating that rofl, I said it hurts Stafford he has no running game, and then I told bengals that people weren't debating over who would win the game.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Really..... Reallyyyyyyyyyy???

Peyton is god of the Play Action. Saints have threats at RB, Chargers had a run game last year, Packers go 5 wide.. Lions aren't on Packers level, and nowhere close.
But they are all passing teams regardless. Chargers didn't even have Mathews for most of last year, they had Tolbert who filled in nice but these teams haven't replied much on the running game. I'm pretty sure Best will get some nice runs against the Bucs, they have a suspect run D. I do think the Chargers will run the ball more with Mathews. Regardless of what the Bucs do, I can't see them stopping them. Lions will put up 20+, it will be a close game though.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I like their safety Cody Grimm, I think he will eventually turn into a star safety. Actually, both of their safeties are pretty solid. Got a few good linebackers but a Rookie thrown in there (Foster). The D-Line will eventually be really good. It will be a good game. Will eventually need a replacement for Ronde Barber but he's still playing well. Talib of course is a top notch CB. Adrian Clayborn, Da'Quan Bowers, Gerald McCoy looks nice for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%