2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Gabbert will be the #3 QB for the opener.. doesn't mean the rest of the season. Hes not ready yet, and if Garrard goes down, why throw a rookie in there? Don't want us to end up like the Bengals. ;)
When we have Luck next season we won't have to worry about the QB position any longer. ;) But, I get the feeling the Bengals truly believe in Dalton and I'm not sure they would give up on him after one season, especially if they have other glaring needs in one area. Luck or Barkley would be nice, but I'll take Luck. I'll give Dalton a chance first and see what he does, if he works out, then cool. I'm not pulling for the guy to fail, I'm just not sold on him as the QB of this team.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
When we have Luck next season we won't have to worry about the QB position any longer. ;) But, I get the feeling the Bengals truly believe in Dalton and I'm not sure they would give up on him after one season, especially if they have other glaring needs in one area. Luck or Barkley would be nice, but I'll take Luck. I'll give Dalton a chance first and see what he does, if he works out, then cool. I'm not pulling for the guy to fail, I'm just not sold on him as the QB of this team.
Dalton wouldn't be starting if they had a Older QB to mentor him. Also, Doubt the Bengals draft a QB next year. Yall need more help than QB.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Dalton wouldn't be starting if they had a Older QB to mentor him. Also, Doubt the Bengals draft a QB next year. Yall need more help than QB.
They do have an older QB that has more experience and they are not starting him. More help as in what that would be a high pick? Only thing I can see looking at is RB, DL, CB with that high of a pick. Maybe OL if Andre Smith doesn't pan out.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Assuming these guys come out, the draft has the potential to be stacked at QB with Luck, Jones, Barkley, and Foles. All four are arguably better QB prospects than the QBs from this past draft.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
They do have an older QB that has more experience and they are not starting him. More help as in what that would be a high pick? Only thing I can see looking at is RB, DL, CB with that high of a pick.
Who? Fucking Gradkowski? Dudes horrible..

I'm talking about if the Bengals had the same situation as teams like the Vikings (McNabb, Ponder) Titans (Hasselbeck, Locker) and Jaguars (Garrard, McCown, and Gabbert).

Bengals won't take Luck. They won't be picking first overall either. They'll more than likely take a RB or Dre Kirkpatrick

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Assuming these guys come out, the draft has the potential to be stacked at QB with Luck, Jones, Barkley, and Foles. All four are arguably better QB prospects than the QBs from this past draft.
I like Luck, Im iffy on Jones, and Not sold on Barkley.. Love Foles though.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Should be a fun draft with lots of good players, especially QB. Going to have some real franchise QB's next year. With good will, if the Bengals have a shot at Luck, I can't see how they would possibly let him slide right by, you don't get guys like Luck very often. I guess it just depends on how Dalton does this year.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Who? Fucking Gradkowski? Dudes horrible..

I'm talking about if the Bengals had the same situation as teams like the Vikings (McNabb, Ponder) Titans (Hasselbeck, Locker) and Jaguars (Garrard, McCown, and Gabbert).

Bengals won't take Luck. They won't be picking first overall either. They'll more than likely take a RB or Dre Kirkpatrick
I could see a franchise CB, not sure about RB. They aren't giving Benson a long term deal, so it's hard saying with him.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I could see a franchise CB, not sure about RB. They aren't giving Benson a long term deal, so it's hard saying with him.
Benson still isn't the Future of the Bengals.

I think people could be overrating next years QB class.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Browns extended Evan Moore's contract, good shit. He's going to have a big year this season.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lions cut Nick Harris, and are going with rookie Ryan Donahue at punter.
No shit haha.

Also cut a few others like Derrick Williams, Nathan Vasher, and Nate Hughes.

Oh btw, Maurice Stovall made the roster.
As did Rashied Davis.

Told you we'd carry 6 WR's.

0 FBs on the squad though, hmm.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know. But technically they made the team.
Stovall is here to stay though, slated as the #4 regardless, I believe.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess, but like you said, the Lions have no FB so as soon as they see one they like that gets cut from someone else, they'll probably sign that player and get rid of one of the guys who made the initial 53 man. And will show interest in veterans who shockingly got cut or something along those lines.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess, but like you said, the Lions have no FB so as soon as they see one they like that gets cut from someone else, they'll probably sign that player and get rid of one of the guys who made the initial 53 man. And will show interest in veterans who shockingly got cut or something along those lines.
Yeah, I know.
I expect us getting a FB, maybe a suprise cut RB, and probably some secondary help.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Really? No FB? You need one of them. I expect them to make a move for Chester Taylor as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%