2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
When do the Bengals play?
Sunday @ 7 PM against Jets. That will be quite the task for Dalton, but he better get use to it playing against the Steelers & Ravens twice a year. The Ravens defense doesn't scare me as much as the Steelers now but it will be a good test.

swoosh

Reaction score
Atlanta is 0-2 in preseason, but more importantly they have outscored their opponents 20-0 in the first quarter.

Defense has looked good overall, despite being shaky on third downs. Edwards will help and we didn't have Robinson tonight. Franks was asked to play a lot on the outside and he's a nickel CB.

Offense will get better. It's a timing thing. Too much talent for them not to be an elite unit.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
LOL.

David Garrard is blaming his INT on Mike Thomas..

Its like Gene Smith and Security is trying to pull him out the locker room, and hes holding onto the walls saying all these excuses.

That shit looked like a Punt, not a thrown ball..

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Atlanta is 0-2 in preseason, but more importantly they have outscored their opponents 20-0 in the first quarter.

Defense has looked good overall, despite being shaky on third downs. Edwards will help and we didn't have Robinson tonight. Franks was asked to play a lot on the outside and he's a nickel CB.

Offense will get better. It's a timing thing. Too much talent for them not to be an elite unit.
Yeah, 0-2 in preseason doesn't mean anything, as long as the starters are playing well while being in there. I still think the Falcons have some flaws on defense, but they should be contending for the division title along with the Saints and Buccaneers. That will definitely be an interesting division to watch, that's for sure. Bucs better play better than they did last night or they are in for a long season. They will get better though, Freeman didn't have time to do anything and the Patriots were passing all over the Bucs defense.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Random thought, but I think the ball should be placed on the 25 yard line after touch backs now instead of 20 because of the new rules. It's too easy now for kickers to just launch them to the back of the end zone, so if they're just going to do that, add an extra 5 yards.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the teams that run it out anyways...but those are few now days.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Random thought, but I think the ball should be placed on the 25 yard line after touch backs now instead of 20 because of the new rules. It's too easy now for kickers to just launch them to the back of the end zone, so if they're just going to do that, add an extra 5 yards.
I think that would be a good idea, but it probably wont happen.

TTN2810

Reaction score
The announcers said that during the Falcon game.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yeah, it is lol. It would definitely make teams think. I'm pretty sure no one likes the new rule anyways.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Yeah, it is lol. It would definitely make teams think. I'm pretty sure no one likes the new rule anyways.
Yeah, the new rule is stupid, can't believe they implemented that, well I can but it's going to take away some of the good things from the game.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Wow Michael Vick throwing out a shoulder to Troy Polamalu, that is just fucking stupid. No other way to view it.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Don't see how it was stupid at all. Vick was pissed at himself, took his anger out on Troy.

I'd want Mark to do that too.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was a good tackle if you ask me. Sure you might not want your QB to do that, but as long as he doesn't get hurt, by all means.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Plax for the first time tomorrow. Rex said he's going to play a lot so hopefully we can see him use his ups and go up and grab a ball or two.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now to take on the Patriots on national tv....hope we don't get embarrassed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%