2011 NFL Postseason Thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some people here just can't handle the truth when it comes to a lot of things, they think their team is above and beyond everyone else and whoever says anything negatively against them is instantly an idiot. I'm not taking anything away from the Saints, they are a damn good team, but so is the 49ers. They might not be as flashy, but they don't need to play that way to win.
"Suspect defense" says about all I need to know.

How many Saints games have you watched this year?

Do we have a defense that is going to shut offenses down? No, but we do have your classic bend but don't break defense. Less than 19 ppg over the last 10 games of the season. 18.8 ppg over a ten game span isn't suspect.

One other thing, the 9ers have the 30th ranked red zone offense in the NFL. And their scoring percentage at home is worse than it is overall. 41% overall, 38% at home. A team that can't score in the redzone and comes away with three a lot of the time, that will kill you against the Saints.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
"Suspect defense" says about all I need to know.

How many Saints games have you watched this year?

Do we have a defense that is going to shut offenses down? No, but we do have your classic bend but don't break defense. Less than 19 ppg over the last 10 games of the season. 18.8 ppg over a ten game span isn't suspect.

One other thing, the 9ers have the 30th ranked red zone offense in the NFL. And their scoring percentage at home is worse than it is overall. 41% overall, 38% at home. A team that can't score in the redzone and comes away with three a lot of the time, that will kill you against the Saints.
24th Total Defense
30th Pass Defense

12th Run Defense

Last weekend: Gave up 28 points - Gave up 412 yards of Total Offense - Detroit converted 70% on third down - I just don't see how they are a top defense like you are making it seem. A real defense is a team like the Ravens... Texans.. etc.. Saints aren't even close to those teams defensively. Like I said, they are maybe a little above average and I'm not just basing it off of the stats, I've seen a few games this year and the defense is what I've always known it to be. Just need to make one or two plays and they have the game won. They aren't anything dominant on defense and that's just the truth. They don't need to be. The bottom line: If the 49ers can hold the Saints under 27 points, they have a chance at winning the game. You'll disagree, I know. The Saints have a better offense and the 49ers have a better defense, we'll see which one pulls it off. It will come down to the Saints Def vs 49ers Off, whoever makes more plays will decide the game.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nola underrating the 49ers...

Its gonna be an interesting game. If the 49ers can get a few turnovers....or an onside kick, which they have been known to do early on in games.

They are a smart team that doesn't make a lot of mistakes. They march the ball downfield, and they don't mind only getting a FG.

Plus their rush defense could keep the Saints very 1 dimensional. (which they kinda are already)

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nola underrating the 49ers...

Its gonna be an interesting game. If the 49ers can get a few turnovers....or an onside kick, which they have been known to do early on in games.

They are a smart team that doesn't make a lot of mistakes. They march the ball downfield, and they don't mind only getting a FG.

Plus their rush defense could keep the Saints very 1 dimensional. (which they kinda are already)
SI really doesn't have the first clue about the Saints lol

And I'm not underrating the 9ers, just saying I think we are better. Their defense has not met a offense even close to the Saints, and the one part of their defense that isn't stout, their pass defense, just happens to be the thing that the Saints are so great at.

It's a good matchup for the Saints.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

24th Total Defense
30th Pass Defense

12th Run Defense

Last weekend: Gave up 28 points - Gave up 412 yards of Total Offense - Detroit converted 70% on third down - I just don't see how they are a top defense like you are making it seem. A real defense is a team like the Ravens... Texans.. etc.. Saints aren't even close to those teams defensively. Like I said, they are maybe a little above average and I'm not just basing it off of the stats, I've seen a few games this year and the defense is what I've always known it to be. Just need to make one or two plays and they have the game won. They aren't anything dominant on defense and that's just the truth. They don't need to be. The bottom line: If the 49ers can hold the Saints under 27 points, they have a chance at winning the game. You'll disagree, I know. The Saints have a better offense and the 49ers have a better defense, we'll see which one pulls it off. It will come down to the Saints Def vs 49ers Off, whoever makes more plays will decide the game.
When the hell did I ever say the Saints had a top defense?

Can anyone debate on this site without putting words in peoples mouths?

Also, if the 49ers can hold the Saints to 24, or under 24 points, they can win the game. Though like I said, this matchup favors the Saints. I don't expect the 9ers offense to match the Saints offense (and honestly I don't see how anyone can expect the 26th ranked offense to keep up with the top offense in the NFL), especially if they can't put the ball in the endzone like they've struggled to all year.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Niners are very overrated in my mind, and I actually think the Saints blow them out. Who knows tho

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just 2-weeks removed from major knee surgery to repair a torn ACL & MCL, #Vikings RB Adrian Peterson is already off crutches, per
ESPN1500TC

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score

24th Total Defense
30th Pass Defense

12th Run Defense

those are very important numbers to consider, in this matchup -- since the 49ers best offensive strength is running the ball and are not as versatile in the passing game. Matchup bodes well for the Saints.

I think it'll be close. I got the Saints beating them, but I've flip-flopped on this game time and time again this week and I'll probably flip flop again tomorrow.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
those are very important numbers to consider, in this matchup -- since the 49ers best offensive strength is running the ball and are not as versatile in the passing game. Matchup bodes well for the Saints.

I think it'll be close. I got the Saints beating them, but I've flip-flopped on this game time and time again this week and I'll probably flip flop again tomorrow.
It's very tough, it could go either way. If the 49ers can't hold the Saints under 27 points, they won't win. It's a reach, Saints are one of the best teams in the NFL right now, maybe the best. I just got to pick a few different teams so I can try to gain in the weekly pick'em... ;)

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man if the Broncos win today, i'm going to make everybody a Admin lol.

Reaction score
Bullshit pass interference, I don't give a flying fuck what some phaggy time ref thinks.

vikesfan

Reaction score
To anyone I might offend I'm sorry, but I'm rooting for the 49ers

TTN2810

Reaction score
This is the craziest playoff game I've ever seen. Amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%