• No, they deserve the money that they get

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score

Two parts:

Do you believe the NFL and it's players' union can reach an agreement on a new labor deal? What makes you think they will or won't? Do football players deserve to be paid as much as they are?

Personally, I believe they will reach a deal, we just cannot go without football, but we have to look at the well being and future of the league as well. I believe an agreement will be reached and we will have a 2011 season!

I think professional athletes are overpaid, I don't think some Rookie coming out of college, that hasn't proven anything at the NFL level deserves some huge million dollar contract for five years, especially over someone that has proven themselves at the NFL level and aren't even making that much.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they are overpaid, as is any professorial athlete haha.
Honestly I don't know if they will reach a deal. I REALLY hope they do though. Lions finally have a lot of confidence going into a season, would hate to see it stopped by a stupid ass lockout.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Football is one sport that I can say I think they deserve the money. Yeah, they only play 16 games, but football is one of the most physically demanding games in the world, and they do earn a lot, but they are only a bit over payed.

And nobody is being paid as much as A-Rod.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I just don't want to go without an entire year of football, that would be too hard to deal with. Especially after this pathetic season, I want to start over, right now.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they will reach a deal. The players want to play or they don't get paid. The NFL wants them to play or they don't make money.

I think they are way overpaid just like all other pro athletes. I mean they are playing! For work! Sure its physically demanding but 140M contracts is ridiculous.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I think they will reach a deal. The players want to play or they don't get paid. The NFL wants them to play or they don't make money.

I think they are way overpaid just like all other pro athletes. I mean they are playing! For work! Sure its physically demanding but 140M contracts is ridiculous.
Very ridiculous, I've never understood it, as you and others have said, they're all overpaid, not just NFL players.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I think they're overpaid as well, but you have to realize the amount of money these players are making their owners and the NFL while being paid these salaries.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
NO SPORTS ATHLETE DESERVES THE MONEY THEY MAKE. PERIOD.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I do see them reaching an agreement in time to have a season next year. I really just can't imagine a year without football. Then again, I never thought i'd see a year without Hockey, and that happened.

As for athletes being overpaid, they always have been, always will be. Just how it works. You could say i'm upset because of jealousy but i'll save the trouble guessing. Yes, i'm jealous that they get all that money without even playing at the professional level. I don't see how you couldn't be jealous. That doesn't taint the truth. They are overpaid and it'll just get worse year by year.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
now I know why Cosmo Kramer watches Canadian Football instead of American Football.

I want to believe they will reach the agreement but honestly, who the hell knows at this point. I do think they are overpaid as is every athlete but it ain't affecting my day. Based on how much I root for these players, how critical of them I am when they disappoint me -- for all the crap they gotta deal with (the media, pretty much) and the physical impairment they can suffer for the rest of their life -- eh, the money is kinda fair for them. I do however think they are not nearly as overpaid as other athletes are (cough cough baseball cough cough)

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Very ridiculous, I've never understood it, as you and others have said, they're all overpaid, not just NFL players.
It's very easy to understand, actually. Just like any other professional sport, it is one thing and one thing only -- AN ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS.

It's money. Where do they play? Big stadiums? How are they built? Cities and big wealthy highrollers who want to own a team. It's a competition to get the big prize each and every year, as well as profit as a business through ticket sales, merchandise, concessions, ad revenue. How do you bring in all of those? The big superstars... it's pretty simple. Because all the other teams want those big superstars, so each and every year they raise the stakes, they up the ante, and each owner tries to fork as much money to fix that big gap in their roster to help them win a championship, but to also add that big name on the billboards and the radio commercials for Bob's House of Tires, the official tire maker of the Indianapolis Colts, so that they make more profit.

It's very simple, indeed.

Ace Shap

Reaction score
Theyre over paid for sure, but also in perspective, Simon Cowell turned down a $100 million deal to come back for ONE season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%