2009 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip Im tellin you i like your team this year
So do I. We aren't primed for a playoff season like the Dolphins or Falcons, but we are going to win a lot more for sure.

We competed in most of our games last year, and Mayhew has done a good job filling some gaps.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
idc what anyone says

afc west have been the most exciting picks so far this year

basically all the picks have been huge reaches

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and why oh why did Minny take Harvin? can you say Troy Williamson Part II?

ARizona wanted a #1 for Boldin -- shoulda done that!!!!!!!!!!!

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NFL Network had him at about 6'8, 335

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
espn is bsing, nfl netwrok had loadhold at 6'8 1/2 348.....

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i bet todd mcshay and mel kiper secretly hate each other

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So do I. We aren't primed for a playoff season like the Dolphins or Falcons, but we are going to win a lot more for sure.

We competed in most of our games last year, and Mayhew has done a good job filling some gaps.
Anything is a lot more than zero.

bballer13333

Reaction score
Man am I extremely happy and pumped about the way the draft has gone for my beloved Seahawks. A lot of people doubted Tim Ruskell's decision making but with the great acquisition through FA/Trade and through the draft, he has changed a lot of opinion about him.

1st Round - Aaron Curry, the safest pick in the draft and the best player available. With us losing Peterson we gain a younger version of a Keith Bulluck/Derrick Brooks type of OLB. Not only is this great because we needed an OLB, but the fact that Leroy Hill can walk after this year, we would be stuck in the gutters if we didn't take Curry.

2nd Round - Seahawks 2nd round pick for Denver Broncos 2010 1st round pick, do I need to explain how much of an amazing deal this is for us? We basically get a top 10-15 pick for a high 2nd rounder. Should the Broncos really fall on their faces with them relying on rookies to turn the franchise around, we could be in prime position to get Taylor Mayes and solidify our secondary for many years. Amazing deal by Ruskell here.

2nd Round - 3rd and 4th round picks for Bears 2nd round pick (Max Unger), yet again another amazing deal. Kind of wish we would of gave a 3rd and 5th instead of 4th, but the fact that Unger was projected as a possible late 1st and a 1st round talent, we make out great here. He has played all three line positions and he will be great verstaility for us since we are bound to have an OL go down injured.

All in all this has been an amazing day for Seahawk Nation! Too bad we won't have another pick until the 5th though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%