Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Zito goes 7 in a 3 hitter giving up 1 run

I still have a hard on

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
given recent track record, 3-hitter is Oakland-form Zito...

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
look at his last 4 starts

8.1 IP of scoreless baseball against the Marlins

10 H 9 ER against the <Censored> Padres

6.1 IP 2 ER against Pittsburgh

7.0 IP 1 ER against Atlanta

Hes still inconsistent but he looked very composed on the mound and even K'ed batters with a 90+MPH fastball...

slpnsld23

Love Me or Hate Me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers officially need a bat. Trade Casey Crosby, I don't care. We're living in the here and now, and it's obvious the offense isn't getting it done. 4 of our past 5 games we've lost 2-1, for gods sake.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers officially need a bat. Trade Casey Crosby, I don't care. We're living in the here and now, and it's obvious the offense isn't getting it done. 4 of our past 5 games we've lost 2-1, for gods sake.
DD doesn't have the balls. He won't do anything I bet.

But I agree completely.

slpnsld23

Love Me or Hate Me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If DD wants to win, he'll have the balls. I don't think he can sit there on July 31st (deadline) and be content with the offense he's putting on the field, and think its going to get us a playoff berth.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree. I don't get why he can't just pull the trigger on Holliday. Or go after Dunn or Huff.

slpnsld23

Love Me or Hate Me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No, no, no and more no to Holliday. He was a product of Coors Field and hasn't proven his worth anywhere else. There is going to be a fairly high asking price from the A's (they said they want as much in return as they gave up..ha!), and thats one deal I don't want to venture into. I'd be willing to swing a deal for Adam Dunn though, he's the ideal DH in the AL, and it's a shame he's still over in the NL.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Probably wont happen because the Tigers are rocking one of the highest payrolls in the league, in arguably the hardest hit city from this economic crisis. Doubt they are willing to add much more.

slpnsld23

Love Me or Hate Me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Attendance has been good, and revenue is likely up this year. Illitch has never been afraid to lay down the cash in order for his teams to win.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree. I don't get why he can't just pull the trigger on Holliday. Or go after Dunn or Huff.
I'd love for us to get Holliday, but like you said we likley won't. And again like you said Illitch is loaded lol so he should just say make a damn move! LOL, we do need more batting, we also need to try and move Maggs and or Gullien while they have some value.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
don't you guys miss the days when Oakland had a pitching powerhouse?

Barry Zito
Tim Hudson
Mark Mulder
Dan Haren
Rich Harden

I love all those guys

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love for us to get Holliday, but like you said we likley won't. And again like you said Illitch is loaded lol so he should just say make a damn move! LOL, we do need more batting, we also need to try and move Maggs and or Gullien while they have some value.
Those guys have value? You would probably have to pay most of the contract for someone to take one of the two and get very little back.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Barry Zito
Tim Hudson
Mark Mulder
Dan Haren
Rich Harden

I love all those guys
I remember when the Indians were trying to trade for Haren, and all it would have taken is prospects who have now proven to be busts <_<
CC
Fausto
Haren
Lee
Westbrook

Sick

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Barry Zito
Tim Hudson
Mark Mulder
Dan Haren
Rich Harden

I love all those guys
Look at the young pitchers we have right now though? We can be back to that status in a few years, and I wouldn't be surprised. Two top 20 pitching prospects, who are both rookies pitching in the bigs. Another rookie in Mazarro who is already up in the bigs. Joey Devine is out for the season and was expected to be the closer in only his second year and Andrew Bailey who made the AS game this year as a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%