2009/2010 MLB Offseason Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Viera, FL (Sports Network) - The Washington Nationals have signed right- hander Chien-Ming Wang. A newspaper from Wang's native Taiwan reported that he had signed and that the team is expected to make it official on Tuesday.

Wang had spent his entire five-year MLB career with the New York Yankees and emerged as an ace for the club, as he went a combined 38-13 with a 3.67 ERA in 64 games in 2006-07, while finishing as the runnerup in AL Cy Young voting in 2006.

However, he has made just 24 starts over the last two seasons because of injuries, and in 2009 went 1-6 with a 9.64 ERA in 12 games (nine starts). His 2009 season ended in July after having shoulder surgery.

New York did not offer him a contract for the coming season, making him a free agent.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was thinking this was gonna happen. Washington is putting together a pretty good team if you ask me

They'll stilll suck lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
16th February, 2010 - 5:18 pm
Sports Illustrated - The Tigers are still considered the favorites to sign free-agent outfielder Johnny Damon, but the White Sox aren't out of the race. The Braves, Rays, A's and Reds are long shots to land Damon, who remains unsigned.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Cleveland Indians are keeping an eye on the bottom line this season and hope to land a free agent bargain in Russell Branyan.

The Plain Dealer reports today that the Tribe is in a three-team race with the Red Sox and Rays. Boston and Tampa Bay reportedly have offered Branyan bigger base salaries while the Tribe has offered a deal that will allow him to make more via bonus and incentives.

Branyan hit 31 homers for the Mariners last season, but was limited to 116 games due to back trouble.

Branyan would provide first base insurance in case Matt LaPorta is not ready following toe and hip surgeries. Branyan has played sparingly in the outfield in recent seasons, but could be tried in left field, where the Tribe is expected to have an open competition.

Boston might be unwilling to sign Branyan until it is able to trade Mike Lowell.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Omg Friday is the big day when I go to spring training for the Mets. Cant wait to get a bunch of autographs and pictures, I'll probably post them when I get back.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol that's exactly what I was gunna say
I wanna see that team succeed but thats just not what its looking like to me. If somehow they're able to make a push for the playofffs then I'll rework my whole theory about their management and their decisions

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently Damon's wife will have a say in where he plays.

Dumb <Censored>.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Does she not want to sign with Detroit?

And whats more important...pussy or playing where you want to play...

He'll get it on the road anyways haha

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Does she not want to sign with Detroit?

And whats more important...pussy or playing where you want to play...

He'll get it on the road anyways haha
She says it isn't "metropolitan" enough?

She should just STFU cause he is lucky he is getting paid 7 million dollars still.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol he's back

minor league deal. hopefully he brings the HGH :p

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^lmao Rep Canada well, Gagne haha.

The Indians have called a news conference for this afternoon when they are expected to announce that the 2010 season will be the last for Mark Shapiro as general manager.

A report on MLB.com says that Shapiro will step down as GM after this season to become team president.

Assistant GM Chris Antonetti would likely take over Shapiro's duties with current team president Paul Dolan becoming team chairman and chief executive officer.

The transition could be a smooth one since Antonelli's involvment in player acquisition and contract negotiations has increased in recent years.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CLEVELAND -- If Russell Branyan passes his physical, he'll be pulling on an Indians uniform for the fourth time in his career just in time for spring training. He's scheduled to take the physical in a "few days' in Goodyear, Ariz., where the Indians open camp Sunday.
Savior

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently the White Sox pulled their offer from Damon, so he should be a Tiger shortly?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Damon demanded a no-trade clause in his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%