2008 Pro Bowl Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
ya, I forgot about that.

And yes, the Dolphins did get some players in, but that doesn't change the fact that a 2nd year Player on the worst team in the league gets snubbed from the Pro Bowl. Let's face it, Smith's had more yards in 2 less games.
You're also forgetting that at the beginning of the season, Calvin Johnson wasn't even the #1 target when Roy Williams still played for them and they had to share the ball (even though Roy didn't have as much good stats).

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Sadly, Delhomme really isnt too much better then the Lions QBs
Let's not get carried away. Delhomme is a solid quarterback when healthy.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's less then solid. And not that much better.... Steve Smith makes him look good.

Ask any Panthers fan.

kdogg

Reaction score
He's less then solid. And not that much better.... Steve Smith makes him look good.

Ask any Panthers fan.
Yeah, he was horrible against the Lions. Which has one of the worst (or THE worst) defenses in the NFL.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I dont think that Favre deserves to go. Rivers shouldve made it instead.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ooh boohoo, your still not even arguing the fact that the Lions are just plain Terrible, and many fans are not going to vote him in.

There's no reason to believe that Steve Smith, whose played 2 less games, deserves to be in the Pro Bowl any less.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its not just that game, its most games.

The Panthers dont want to rely on Jake to win them the game. He was good a few years ago when they made that SB run, but he's not that player anymore.

kdogg

Reaction score
ooh boohoo, your still not even arguing the fact that the Lions are just plain Terrible, and many fans are not going to vote him in.

There's no reason to believe that Steve Smith, whose played 2 less games, deserves to be in the Pro Bowl any less.
I never said that Smith deserves to be in it any less that was JH5 I think. I said that he should be over one the Cardinal receivers that made it in.

BTW, why would I argue that the Lions are terrible? It's a well known fact that they are, but just because Calvin Johnson plays on a terrible TEAM it shouldn't determine whether he goes to the pro bowl or not.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
what Im saying is it has an effect on voter opinion.

And both Cardinal WR's have had better seasons.

House of Steel

Reaction score
The Steelers got royally robbed. COME ON. Ike Taylor, Casey Hampton, Hines Ward. How can the Browns have three??? OK, I understand the Giants and the Vikings, but the Redskins??? This is just plain sickening. NFC is going maul the AFC with that lineup. I always get sick of the voting cause people just constantly rig this thing. Disappointing. DAMNED.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
actually Browns only have 2. But I really don't think Hines Ward should be considered, and only person i woulda knocked off that list would have been Welker. He's got over 1k yes, they all do actually. But of them all, hes got only 2 TD's.

House of Steel

Reaction score
Well let me ask you this, don't you think LaMarr Woodley deserves to be in this thing? I mean, yes, granted, Hines Ward needed more stats, but he is just awesome though for the hitting and all.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN is actually calling Romo a 'Pro Bowl snub'. Try Matt Ryan, if anybody, for the 'snub'.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I never said that Smith deserves to be in it any less that was JH5 I think. I said that he should be over one the Cardinal receivers that made it in.

BTW, why would I argue that the Lions are terrible? It's a well known fact that they are, but just because Calvin Johnson plays on a terrible TEAM it shouldn't determine whether he goes to the pro bowl or not.
I agree. We all know the Lions are a terrible team, yes, they have had almost wins all year, but almost doesn`t mean sh/t in NFL. It`s just ridiculous that just because Calvin is on that team, he`s not voted to the Pro Bowl. Is it his fault his on the Lions?? Last I knew, they were the ones that drafted him, he didn`t sit down and say "Hmm, I think i`ll play for the Lions." Pro Bowlers are voted upon on how they play the game, and their statistics on the year, and Calvin is Top 10, maybe even Top 5 in every receiver category, or just about.

I mean, if record has effect on peoples decisions, how do the Cheifs have 1(minus the exception of Gonzalez), 2 Raiders(one is a punter, but still), 2 Browns(One being Shaun Rogers former Lion..good job getting rid of him.), 1 from Seattle....how does that work?? Just doesn`t make much sense to me, if you go by Calvins statistics.

On another note, I`m happy to see 3 of my favorite defenders in their. Derrick Brooks(11timer), Charles Woodson(5timer), & Brian Dawkins(7timer)...which, Woodson & Dawkins are both on my team if I might add.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I agree. It's not his fault the Lions suck. He plays extraordinary week in week out. He's an amazing WR on a team that's struggling to win just a little bit. I feel bad for him.

However, Steve Smith is also one great WR. He amazes me.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I agree. It's not his fault the Lions suck. He plays extraordinary week in week out. He's an amazing WR on a team that's struggling to win just a little bit. I feel bad for him.
Jason Hanson & Calvin Johnson are alternates apparently. Hanson(Who missed one FG all year, and is 9/9 from 50+) a 1st alternate, and Calvin(65rec 1,165yds 10tds) a 2nd alternate....obviously makes sense.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jason Hanson & Calvin Johnson are alternates apparently. Hanson(Who missed one FG all year, and is 9/9 from 50+) a 1st alternate, and Calvin(65rec 1,165yds 10tds) a 2nd alternate....obviously makes sense.
Where did you see the alternates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%