13 Year Old QB Commits to USC

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
David Sills, a highly-touted youth quarterback, made a verbal commitment tonight to accept a college football scholarship from USC.Sills is not even in high school yet. He is a seventh-grader at Red Lion Christian Academy in Bear.

Red Lion high school varsity coach Eric Day confirmed the decision by Sills tonight, also confirming that USC coach Lane Kiffin offered the scholarship tonight to the 13-year-old Sills.

"I'm very excited but I was very, very nervous," Sills said tonight about talking to Kiffin over the phone. "It was very cool [to talk to Kiffin] but my heart was beating so fast, and I was scared. But after it was over, I was so excited and pumped."

"It has been a very interesting last few hours," his father, David Sills IV, said tonight shortly after 9 p.m.

Since 2006, Sills has been trained in California about six or seven times a year by Steve Clarkson, a former trainer of Matt Leinart, Ben Roethlisberger and current USC quarterback Matt Barkley.

Sills IV related a conversation between Clarkson and Kiffin tonight, saying that Clarkson told Kiffin that the younger Sills is "the best I've ever coached," and that Kiffin, as he was watching online video of Sills, told Clarkson "I'd sign that kid today."

Sills is 5-foot-11 and 136 pounds, with doctors having told him he will grow to be 6-foot-5.

"I've always imagined in my dreams going to USC," he said. "But I never really detailed it to the phone call. All I imagined was playing in the Coliseum. But this is so crazy and out of nowhere."

Sills IV said he talked many times with his son about college, specifically USC, cautioning his son about "if that opportunity is there when the time comes.

"We assumed that would be when he was a junior [in high school]," Sills IV said.

Day, previously an assistant coach at two colleges, including Delaware State, said Sills makes believers out of people once they see him play.

"Besides his talent the maturity for his age and just how he handles himself," Day said, "people are drawn to him. All the intangibles you look for in a quarterback, he has."

Sills will be able to sign a letter of intent in February 2015, unless of course NCAA regulations have changed by then.
WTF is Kiffin doing?...Is this even allowed

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is just stupid. This kid has no idea where he really wants to play, he's freakin 13 years old.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I committed to Bobby Bowden was I was 13.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bigger than me already lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, funny shit.

didn't a 12 y/o commit to KU for nccab?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This kids skinny as hell.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would you commit to the dark side this early...

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, funny shit.

didn't a 12 y/o commit to KU for nccab?
Naw...bill at least waits until their in hs. But the guy your talking about is Royce Wooldridge..orlando's son. And he didnt commit til he was a sophomore.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He committed this early bc now he will be sent 2 cars and his first weekly check of $1,000.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What would be funny is if the heavy sanctions really put USC back for 5- 6 years, at which time, UCLA, Oregon, and Stanford are consistently finishing ahead of them in the standings. Will this kid re-think that commitment if USC isn't what it is today, 5 years from now?

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
It's not only retarded for the kid, but retarded for USC to commit to a kid you don't really know enough about. This is just stupid all around.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What would be funny is if the heavy sanctions really put USC back for 5- 6 years, at which time, UCLA, Oregon, and Stanford are consistently finishing ahead of them in the standings. Will this kid re-think that commitment if USC isn't what it is today, 5 years from now?
Cal > Stanford and UCLA now and in 5 years...

Mooche

Reaction score
This is insanity. Honest, the kid looks pretty dang talented, has some solid accuracy but his arm-strength is nothing to drool over. As well, he looks very fragile. I understand he has to develop still...but that's exactly more of a reason why this is more nuts.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Was it verbal or written?

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Was it verbal or written?
It's a verbal. You can't sign until you're a senior.

BTW Pugz, I think it was USC that signed a 13 year old a couple of years back.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
He'll realize his mistake a de-commit.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Must have been a heck of a highlight tape. If he loves up to his potential I doubt anyone would care about this early offer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%