Z-bo to Grizzlies, Q-Rich to Clippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From the LA Times
Clearing the way for No. 1 pick Blake Griffin, the Clippers have agreed to trade power forward Zach Randolph to Memphis for former Clipper Quentin Richardson, The Times learned today.

Because of salary-cap rules, the deal can't be completed until next week.

A Clippers spokesman said the team would have no comment on the report.

Randolph played 39 games for the Clippers last season after being acquired from New York, averaging 20.9 points and 9.4 rebounds, both team highs.

He was a core member of the team, right up until the Clippers won the lottery that enabled them to draft Griffin, considered one of the top power forward prospects in recent years.

Beyond that, the Clippers are intent on turning up the pace, which didn't fit Randolph, a half-court low-post player, but is perfect for the speedy Griffin.

It also works for the Clippers' bottom line, and their salary cap. With Richardson under contract for only this season, the deal gets them out from under Randolph's contract, which has two seasons, worth $33.3 million left on it.

This will have the effect of putting the Clippers far under the salary cap after the upcoming season, which may make them major players for the big 2010 free agent class.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One ball wont be enough for this team...oj,rudy, and the blackhole himself Z-bo. I watched about 20-25 games of memphis last year...looks like ill be tuning in even more.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi must be excited to see his favorite team get rid of Randolph.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, this means Kaman isn't leaving :(

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, why does Chris Wallace keep doing favors for LA? This guy is an idiot.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi must be excited to see his favorite team get rid of Randolph.
Q-Rich is back <3

lol cheato.

I wanted to see Miles and Q reunited in Memphis, oh well

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One ball wont be enough for this team...oj,rudy, and the blackhole himself Z-bo. I watched about 20-25 games of memphis last year...looks like ill be tuning in even more.
oh my goodness. things could get ugly

Now Marc will never see the ball again. He's super efficient too. He'll go get 12 points on 4 shots

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Speaking of Miles, he will start the season suspended again if he even plays. Found with marijuana lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Speaking of Miles, he will start the season suspended again if he even plays. Found with marijuana lol.
LOL, hahahaha. Can't put the pipe down.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Looks like Clippers finally unloaded his contract haha. Q Rich will fit back in nicely.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
C. Kaman
B. Griffin
A. Thornton
E. Gordon
B. Davis

I read that Dunleavy's finally opening his eyes and is gonna turn up the tempo next season which is definitely another move in the right direction, especially when B.Diddy's running the show. Is he drinking the same water as Kupchak now? He seems to have grown a brain out of nowhere just like Kupchak did a couple years ago. I hope he keeps the good moves coming, maybe paying for cheap tickets for Clippers games just to see the Lakers won't be so bad now. Might get kind of competitive.

TB7

Reaction score
I wonder why the Grizzlies are taking on salary from Z-Bo, but would not take salary for Lee?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My only guess would be ZBo's ability to score, and their lack of a low post scorer...but it would have been a better investment to go for Lee w/o a doubt.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Grizzlies grab AI, this team will be very interesting to watch.
(if they start AI at PG)

C- Marc Gasol
PF- Zach Randolph
SF- Rudy Gay
SG- OJ Mayo
PG- Allen Iverson

Probably won't work out at all, but should be very interesting lol.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I highly doubt that would work haha. Too much young talent to still be developed with Mayo and Gay. Iverson would impede with that.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's not why it wouldn't work. To many guys who want the ball in their hands. Gay, Mayo, Iverson, and Randolph would all think they are the 1st option.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Memphis Grizzlies had the option of making a trade for Carlos Boozer that was similar to the one they made for Zach Randolph.

Lionel Hollins and the Grizzlies decided Boozer would not be a willing participant in Memphis.

Via ESPN

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
meh, they both play terrible defense, but Boozer is a tad smarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%