Yoenis Cespedes Watch

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Main thread for the biggest fish left on the market. Tons of rumors going on for him right now, a huge one being the Nationals are attempting to sign him.

How'd he fit?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

catman

Reaction score
Cespedes may have won a gold glove last year as a left fielder, but I am not impressed with his defense overall. He seems to have mental lapses occasionally, especially when he is in center. A team that wants him to be their primary center fielder may be very disappointed in his performance.
Offensively, there aren't many that are more productive when he is "on".

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Looks like Nationals want him, and bad. 5 years @ over 100 million in a deal like Scherzer's. Interesting, now let's see Werth + for Fielder happen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
catman said:
Cespedes may have won a gold glove last year as a left fielder, but I am not impressed with his defense overall. He seems to have mental lapses occasionally, especially when he is in center. A team that wants him to be their primary center fielder may be very disappointed in his performance.
Offensively, there aren't many that are more productive when he is "on".
Mental lapses really shouldn't diminish his ability in the outfield. You can have mental lapses at any position. He's got a cannon for an arm, and his range can make him an adequate CF for a year or two until you can clear room and move him to the corner.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
His defensive metrics in CF are a VERY small sample size, and couple that with the high probability for a DH in the NL in 2018 or even 2017, and you only have him in CF for 1-2 years, then shift him to the corner. Mets could move Grandy (if they re-sign him) to DH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%