Yao out for playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
-Houston Chronicle
Rockets center Yao Ming was ruled out for the remainder of the sesaon after a hairline fracture was found in his left foot Saturday evening.

The Rockets had hopes he could play Sunday in Game 4 in their series against the Los Angeles Lakers, but additional diagnostic tests found the fracture.

The hairline fracture will not require surgery but will require an eight-to-12-week rehabilitation. This is the third consecutive year that Yao's season was interrupted or ended by a fracture of a bone.

“Yao Ming had an initial test taken in the early morning hours on Saturday following the game,” said Rockets team physician Tom Clanton in a press release. “The original diagnosis of the left ankle sprain was based on the results of that test. Further diagnostic procedures performed later in the day revealed a hairline fracture on the top of his left foot. In order for the bone to heal properly, Yao will need to immobilize the foot by wearing a walking boot. No surgery is required and he should be able to resume his regular workout routine sometime between the next eight to 12 weeks.”

HTF

Reaction score
Ouch. Their chances went from slim to none. It's a shame Yao is so injury prone, he's so talented.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is a huge blow, and this may easily put the Lakers over the Rockets this series.

http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/05/09...offs/index.html

Rockets center Yao Ming has been ruled out for the remainder of the 2009 NBA Playoffs after further diagnostic procedures conducted today revealed a small hairline fracture in his left foot. The finding is in addition to the earlier diagnosis of a left ankle sprain that he sustained during Friday night's 108-94 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference Semifinals playoff series. While no surgery is needed, the expected recovery timeline is between eight to 12 weeks.

"Yao Ming had an initial test taken in the early morning hours on Saturday following the game," said Rockets Team Physician Dr. Tom Clanton. "The original diagnosis of the left ankle sprain was based on the results of that test. Further diagnostic procedures performed later in the day, revealed a hairline fracture on the top of his left foot. In order for the bone to heal properly, Yao will need to immobilize the foot by wearing a walking boot. No surgery is required and he should be able to resume his regular workout routine sometime between the next eight to 12 weeks."

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers were winning anyways, this doesnt change anything.

I love Yao though. This sucks

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

I know, just saying that I thought the Rockets would give the Lakers a tough time this series, they looked good the first game.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why is he so injury prone?? Anyways go lakers!!!!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they looked good game 1, but the lakers, the way they played game 2 and 3, made game 1 look like a fluke

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
too bad, that team is a walking injury.
Ron's going to need to play huge.. and this could make him richer this off-season

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^He's been playing so much better.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
games 2 and 3 were helped by officiating for the Lakers - that and Kobe being incredible as usual.
but, without Yao and Dikembe, I don't see much of a chance anymore

still, if the Rockets can only cause 6 turnovers, that's a HUGE problem

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't watch game 3 but in game 2 the Rockets were doing much better with Yao out, it would be a blessing in disguise, they don't have to slow the game down every time now with Yao in.

I'm With ATL

Reaction score
LMAO. Rockets could definately have tied the series Sunday before this. Now its safe to say the wont.

bad day for me for basketball, the 2 teams I was pulling for most (hawks and rockets) seem to be out of their series now.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score

And the Rockets still win without Yao. Do the Lakers want to win it all?

Cuz the Cavs do.....

FlaShY

Reaction score
in game 4 the rockets playd beter then when they had Yao so will see what happens but yea lakers are winning this series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%