Yankees Fans Rejoice

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
C.C. Sabathia announced that he has agreed to a contract extension with the Yankees. The announcement comes via the left-hander's Twitter account and on Zoodig.com. The 31-year-old left-hander could have opted out of the remaining four years and $92MM of his original seven-year, $161MM with New York by midnight tonight.

ESPN's Buster Olney says (via Twitter) it's a one-year extension worth $25MM for 2016 while Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports adds (on Twitter) that there is a vesting option for 2017 worth $25MM with a $5MM buyout. Joel Sherman of The New York Post reports (on Twitter) that the option automatically vests unless Sabathia is disabled by a left shoulder injury.
MLBTR

Thank you jesus. Love CC for coming back without hitting FA. Guess he wasn't bullshitting when he said that he loved NY repeatedly.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol were you actually nervous?

nevermind, i guess you're talking signing an extension immediately instead of opting out and testing the market

still, even if he did opt out, he wasnt going anywhere
he was just posturing for that little extra, and he got it

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
I'm just glad we don't have to go through the headaches of CC testing the market. Glad to see this over quickly and peacefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%