Yankees Faked Interest In Crawford To Drive Up Price

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Realgm.com
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says he faked interest in Carl Crawford last winter to drive up his price as the Red Sox courted the outfielder as a free agent.

"I actually had dinner with the agent to pretend that we were actually involved and drive the price up," Cashman admitted. "The outfield wasn't an area of need, but everybody kept writing Crawford, Crawford, Crawford, Crawford. And I was like, 'I feel like we've got Carl Crawford in Brett Gardner, except he costs more than $100 million less, with less experience.'"

The Yankees had put all their eggs in the Cliff Lee basket and Crawford wasn't even on their radar.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
1. Fuck you Cashman
2. Teams do this all the time
3. I'm not even sure this is true completely; they can say it now though because CC was awful this year. If he was beasting, this wouldn't have even been reported

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
How dare they do this. Its going to start a trend where all teams try to drive up the price, this is going to be very bad for baseball.....

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I personally think it's funny haha.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd probably do the same thing if I was either one of them lol

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doubt it's true. Don't understand why anyone would give him that huge contract though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doubt it's true. Don't understand why anyone would give him that huge contract though.
Because the Red Sox wanted him, and his agent probably told them that the Yankees made a huge offer.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I know that but once Crawford loses his legs, he's done. Even if he does bounce back next year he still won't be worth it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Fuck you Cashman
2. Teams do this all the time
3. I'm not even sure this is true completely; they can say it now though because CC was awful this year. If he was beasting, this wouldn't have even been reported
2 and 3 are what i was going to say

this was only reported because crawford sucks

and LOL
i find it hilarious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%