Would you rather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macneilman

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys saw TSNs your call story yesterday pretty much asking if the readers would rather be a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs or the Calgary Flames. Here is the link to the actual article here:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=345719

As a Leafs fan for me this is a pretty tough decision but for me I would probably still be a leafs fan. I guess the leafs have a decent young core consisting of:
Luke Schenn
Nazem Kadri
Phil Kessel
Nikolai Kulemin
Jonas Gustavsson
(Keith Aulie with the right development I think could be part of this group potentially imo)

With the likes of Colby Armstrong, Dion Phaneuf, Komisarek, Orr, Giguere and Kaberle providing some experience and Veteran support. Then there is the other young players who can chip in like Versteeg, Grabovski, MacArthur.

On the other hand the Flames if I am right have eleven players on their active roster with some form of NMC or modified NTC which I guess could make it potentially incredibly difficult to clear things out and bring in some decent draft picks. In my opinion I wouldn't say the flames have a great young core of players they do have some guys like Mikael Backlund and Greg Nemesiz who could potentially provide some offensive punch in the future and Tim Erixon on the back end but thats about it really(I think).

Then there is the much talked about Phaneuf trade from January in which two players who headed to the Flames(White and Mayers) are no longer part of their organisation, Stajan is on a slump after signing a big contract and Hagman has been his usual self who can chip in from time to time but goes through some inconsitent slumps. On the leafs end they don't have a first round pick this year which is looking to be a high one which is likely going to make their rebuild take quite a while longer.

Current line-ups
Toronto Maple Leafs
MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
Armstrong - Bozak - Kessel
Kadri - Brent - Versteeg
Orr - Mitchell - Sjostrom

Beauchemin - Phaneuf
Kaberle - Schenn
Aulie - Lebda
Gunnarson

Giguere
Gustavsson

IR - Brown

Calgary Flames
Tanguay - Jokinen - Iginla
Hagman - Morrison - Borque
Glencross - Backlund - Kotalik
Kostopolous - Stajan - Jackman
Moss

Regehr - Bouwmeester
Giordano - Sarich
Pardy - Babchuk

Kiprussof
Karlsson

So there we are with last nights Flames win of 5-2 over the Leafs what is your stance on who is in a better position?

(The link probably tells everything you needed to know so I don't know why I spent 25 odd minutes typing this up :L Also I may have come across slightly bias it's just my knowledge of the leafs is a lot higher than it is of the Flames. I'm a newbie too so I don't know if this already out there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%