Would the Chicago Bears be interested in Michael Vick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
By Vaughn McClure

Jarrett Bell of USA Today wrote a piece on Michael Vick, and at the end of it was an interesting quote from one particular NFL head coach.

"I would look at Michael like I look at every other prospect that's available: He goes back into the pool," Bears coach Lovie Smith said in the article. "That's what everyone in society does. Martha Stewart went to prison. She paid her time. Now she's back in society.

"Mike made a mistake, and he's paying the price for that mistake. Once you've paid your debt to society, you have to say, 'OK, let's go on from there.' "

Commissioner Roger Goodell has not committed on a timetable for Vick's reinstatement. But Vick, serving a 23-month sentence for funding a dogfighting ring, has to show true remorse before he is allowed back on an NFL field.

So make a play for Jay Cutler or wait on Michael Vick? Chances are, the Bears will do neither. But it makes for good conversation.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I disagree with the last sentence of this column.

One more Vick thread and I may go away...to never come back.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Yeah, there are quite a few on Vick. There doesn`t need to be soo many about one person...

Although, If they did go for him, he would be a backup most likely because Orton can put up the numbers, and Rex, well, just sucks.

Chiefwahoo

Reaction score
Although, If they did go for him, he would be a backup most likely because Orton can put up the numbers, and Rex, well, just sucks.
LMAO

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
The real question here is..will he even play in the NFL this season?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think he will, as long as he doesn't get the long shaft for his recent 1.3M screw up.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I'd be shocked to see Chicago go after Vick

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If anybody thinks Vick is going to make it into the 2009 NFL season, think again.

Not only does Vick have to finish up his current term inside the "halfway house" deal but he's now going to trial for his most recent illegal withdraw of company pension funds.

Again...if anybody thinks Vick is going to escape these most recent charges, think again.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i honestly don't think anyone will pick him up, even the desparate teams. It's like Barry Bonds without the age.

In Vick you have someone who if you sign will have a huge package and will carry a huge load of media, and plus, the majority of the fans would boo him. He just brings so much, and who's to say he won't go out and commit another stupid crime or make another inappropriate gesture during a game.

And plus, we don't know what kind of shape he'll be in. Sure he was in jail and probably has been working out and maybe doing other stuff, but keep in mind you'll be signing someone who will likely not have played professional football in 2 years. A lot can happen in 2 years.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i honestly don't think anyone will pick him up, even the desparate teams. It's like Barry Bonds without the age.

In Vick you have someone who if you sign will have a huge package and will carry a huge load of media, and plus, the majority of the fans would boo him. He just brings so much, and who's to say he won't go out and commit another stupid crime or make another inappropriate gesture during a game.

And plus, we don't know what kind of shape he'll be in. Sure he was in jail and probably has been working out and maybe doing other stuff, but keep in mind you'll be signing someone who will likely not have played professional football in 2 years. A lot can happen in 2 years.
I don't care how many push-ups or 'burpees' the guy did in his cell...its nothing compared to the training program NFL players endure all year.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I will say this. Whoever signs him will see a lot of media attention. Its almost like having a openly gay player on your team. Like if you had a gay player opposition and some home fans would probably boo him or make gay jokes. And then you would have the gay supporters. But in Vick's situation. People will come to boo Vick and etc. And then you will have the Vick supporters. But he has way more haters than fans deservedly so. I really wouldn't be shocked to see him in the league if not 2009 then in 2010. I wanted the chiefs to get him. But I'm fine with Matt Cassel.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Everyone would rather have Cassel than Vick right now

stavi

Reaction score
If he ever gets back in im sure a team will sign him to a 1-2 year(s) deal, to see how he will fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%