Would Billy Beane Consider A Cubs GM Offer?

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There is increasing thought among baseball people that A's GM Billy Beane might consider an offer if the Cubs do approach him about their GM vacancy, as expected, according to an sfgate.com report.

Beane was out of town Wednesday and unavailable for comment, but in 2002, he accepted the Red Sox's GM job only to change his mind, citing, among other things, his love for his job in Oakland and for the organization.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
It'd be very interesting to see what he can do when he actually gets a large budget.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wait for the Dodger job Billy!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah and they fired him after 1 f'ing year

Bill Plaschke and other writers were threatened by his way of thinking and they kept putting stupid shit in the papers making fun of advanced stats so when new ownership came in (the same ownership that every dodger fan wants gone now), they fired him after 1 freakin year

Reaction score
I'd be interested in seeing what he'd bring to our team. That being said, I don't like the moves he's made with the A's, but again could be the small budget like some have said. Hopefully we get Cashman, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving Beane a shot. At least he'd be active in the trade market lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%