Woodley expected to remain with Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
According to the Saginaw News, LaMarr Woodley is in the final year of his contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers and, according to ESPN, the Steelers will not give Woodley a contract extension prior to the 2010 season.

But that doesn't mean the Steelers won't sign Woodley to a new contract. Once the new collective bargaining agreement is in place, the Steelers are expected to sign Woodley to a multi-year contract.

Steelersdepot.com: Woodley and his agent, Doug Hendrickson of Octagon Football, know how the Steelers work and even Woodley himself has said he will not pout or hold out this year. I have a feeling he has a wink and or a hand shake that he will get his. The Steelers will also likely have some sort of franchise tag they can use as well in a new CBA when the new fiscal year starts.

When I first read the article saying they would consider letting him go, I called BS instantly. This guy is one of the most underrated 3-4 OLB's in the game, add James Harrison and the other side and this is still a lethal rush for a few years.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They'll hang on to him for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%