Will Lebron Leave Cavs Again?

Does Lebron Leave Again?

• Total voters

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Pharoah said:
Unless he brings a title to Cleveland, his place among the greats is already clouded. He can stay with the Cavs forever and he'd always be remembered as the guy who couldn't win until he ran off to Miami. Lebron's numbers will someday speak for themselves but if he wants to be on the highest mantle, he needs more rings and fast. Does he earn those rings in Cleveland? I don't think he does and at some point, he's trying to pair up with some All Star buddies of his in a sunny location.
I really doubt it. After the public display that he made to come back, the way that he announced it, the moves that he made on behalf of the team to bring in Kevin Love, having a personal say in the coach of the team, etc. he's not going anywhere. If they don't win it this year he goes out and lures in another big FA this offseason to bolster the roster. I think everyone looking at this situation isn't looking at it the right way. He's literally running all facets of the team at this point. He's not going anywhere; he's the one bringing people in.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
I really doubt it. After the public display that he made to come back, the way that he announced it, the moves that he made on behalf of the team to bring in Kevin Love, having a personal say in the coach of the team, etc. he's not going anywhere. If they don't win it this year he goes out and lures in another big FA this offseason to bolster the roster. I think everyone looking at this situation isn't looking at it the right way. He's literally running all facets of the team at this point. He's not going anywhere; he's the one bringing people in.
I don't think many high profile FA want to play in Cleveland. The weather is shitty up here, there's no tax breaks, and not a lot of ball left over after Lebron and Kyrie.

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
I don't think many high profile FA want to play in Cleveland. The weather is shitty up here, there's no tax breaks, and not a lot of ball left over after Lebron and Kyrie.
Kevin Love and literally every other FA that was signed came because of LeBron. LeBron could play in Antarctica and he would still attract FAs because they want to play with him.

BNC

Reaction score
They don't have any cap room to bring in another FA this summer

cavsfan817

Reaction score
BNC said:
They don't have any cap room to bring in another FA this summer
I'm talking about in general while he is active and still in his "great years" not just this upcoming offseason specifically. And also they'd have all of their exceptions to use. With guys like David West signing with the Spurs for next to nothing (for the same premise of winning) there is a lot that can't be ruled out when talking about bringing in free agents. Of course most guys will always go for the money, but a lot of players are turning more towards winning in their decisions.

BNC

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
I'm talking about in general while he is active and still in his "great years" not just this upcoming offseason specifically. And also they'd have all of their exceptions to use. With guys like David West signing with the Spurs for next to nothing (for the same premise of winning) there is a lot that can't be ruled out when talking about bringing in free agents. Of course most guys will always go for the money, but a lot of players are turning more towards winning in their decisions.
I guess, but with the cap jumping by like $25 Million I doubt there's gonna be many guys going for any exceptions, they could get like twice as much from other contenders.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Playing with Lebron" isn't what it used to be. I think guys wanting a ring will continue to sign with the Spurs or now, they'll give Golden State a call. I'd much rather live in the bay area than Cleveland.

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
"Playing with Lebron" isn't what it used to be. I think guys wanting a ring will continue to sign with the Spurs or now, they'll give Golden State a call. I'd much rather live in the bay area than Cleveland.
At the same time though it's a clear path to the finals every year so the chances to compete for a championship go up

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
At the same time though it's a clear path to the finals every year so the chances to compete for a championship go up
I hope for your sake that doesn't change this season.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Except now if players just want a ring, they can go play with Steph or Kawhi and have a better chance at a ring. Sure you may lose in the conference finals, but the odds of winning a ring are still higher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%