bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Top 3 for a zone corner, not Top 3 corner while running a zone

He ain't no Revis/Sherman/Peterson/Haden

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yes top 3 corner for a zone based defense, especially Lovie's.

He's nuts at run support too.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
As much as I like their D, their O should kill as well. I don't know that any of the NFC S D's will be able to handle Jackson/Evans/ASJ. Conincidentally, I think the Bucs D itself is the best fit to stop it.
Think the Saints are more than capable of handling that offense. For starters, I'm not really sold on McCown. Think he'll be decent, but he doesn't strike the fear of god in me.

We handled Jackson well last year. 56 yards a game. Keenan Lewis is made to defend a WR like Vincent Jackson. We have the size at corner with Keenan Lewis at 6'1, Patrick Robinson 5'11, Champ Bailey 6'0, Corey White 6'1, Stanley Jean-Baptiste 6'3 and I have all the faith in the world that Kenny Vaccaro can do well in coverage.

Words can't even begin to explain how excited I am about Jairus Byrd too. We had the 4th best defense in yards and points last season, and we're replacing Malcolm Jenkins who was terrible with one of the best FS's in the game? And replacing Roman Harper with Kenny Vaccaro? The sky is the limit.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
yeah, those corners are overrated

Bailey lost a step for sure, and isn't that great anymore, hence why denver cut him
Lewis is a CB2 going against very good WR1s and will get beat 
Robinson is an average CB2 at best
SJB was the most overrated corner from this draft

Byrd is Top 4 and Vaccaro is pretty good, but TBs WRs>NOs CBs 

TTN2810

Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Think the Saints are more than capable of handling that offense. For starters, I'm not really sold on McCown. Think he'll be decent, but he doesn't strike the fear of god in me.

We handled Jackson well last year. 56 yards a game. Keenan Lewis is made to defend a WR like Vincent Jackson. We have the size at corner with Keenan Lewis at 6'1, Patrick Robinson 5'11, Champ Bailey 6'0, Corey White 6'1, Stanley Jean-Baptiste 6'3 and I have all the faith in the world that Kenny Vaccaro can do well in coverage.

Words can't even begin to explain how excited I am about Jairus Byrd too. We had the 4th best defense in yards and points last season, and we're replacing Malcolm Jenkins who was terrible with one of the best FS's in the game? And replacing Roman Harper with Kenny Vaccaro? The sky is the limit.
What Bosox said.
Add to the fact that TB didn't really have much else complimenting Jackson last year. Add Evans, ASJ, Myers and the threat of Sims out of the backfield, that's a lot more to handle than Jackson and Williams. Plus McCown won't be sheltered passing the ball nearly as much as Glennon was.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
yeah, those corners are overrated

Bailey lost a step for sure, and isn't that great anymore, hence why denver cut him
Lewis is a CB2 going against very good WR1s and will get beat
Robinson is an average CB2 at best
SJB was the most overrated corner from this draft

Byrd is Top 4 and Vaccaro is pretty good, but TBs WRs>NOs CBs
No he isn't. If you don't know what you're talking about lets atleast do some homework or research before. Otherwise don't make the post.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
What Bosox said.
Add to the fact that TB didn't really have much else complimenting Jackson last year. Add Evans, ASJ, Myers and the threat of Sims out of the backfield, that's a lot more to handle than Jackson and Williams. Plus McCown won't be sheltered passing the ball nearly as much as Glennon was.
I'm not expecting much from Bailey, but he won't ask him to play the same role as he played for Denver last year, like we discussed earlier, so I'm not worried about it. I'm not even sold he'll be our nickel back consistently to be honest.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lewis is definitely not a CB2 who gets torched by good wideouts.

No WR1 even got 100 yds. against him last year.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Lewis is definitely not a CB2 who gets torched by good wideouts.

No WR1 even got 100 yds. against him last year.
Yep. Dude was excellent last year. Nola.com just ranked him the 6th best player on the Saints roster.

Only allowed 34 yards a game, never more than 49 yards and only 40+ yards five times. Shut down his side of the field.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
No he isn't. If you don't know what you're talking about lets atleast do some homework or research before. Otherwise don't make the post.
There was a reason the Steelers let him go as their own CB2

He lacks the instinct to run a zone defense to its fullest, relies too much on his physicality often, at times misses tackles from being over aggressive. Does not have the speed to keep up quicker WRs as well.

He's a good man corner, but he'll struggle against guys like Megatron and DT for sure, as well as guys like Garçon, who can get the separation needed. He's a guy you want as a CB2, although granted im used to good corners like Revis/Talib. I'm not saying he's bad, and his flaws are definitely hid in Rob's defense, but he's not nearly as fantastic as you are saying he is. VJax v Lewis, give me Jackson erryday

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I couldn't careless why Pitt let him go bosox. Nothing you say outweighs what the guy did last season. I mean I'm not going to even argue with you about it, but just to show how silly you sound you said he "at times misses tackles from being over aggressive." He was the second most efficient tackling corner last season, only behind Byron Maxwell of Seattle. You take Jackson over Lewis "erryday." In two games Jackson had two catches for thirteen yards against Keenan. That's good odds.

TTN2810

Reaction score
TBH I just don't like the guy lol. He always seemed to be whining or being annoying in general when I watched Saints game lol. 

But I agree Nola that even just the fact Jenkins is gone, not to mention being replaced by Byrd is a huge improvement.

I'll admit I did forget how good this D is in all.

That said the way they were on the road last year just worries me. Everyone in that division got better except perhaps the Panthers, and I worry how they'll do.

I love them on paper (especially adding Cooks, and Stills should be featured more too, correct?), but as I said it doesn't always translate.

I think the Bucs just have the right guys who'll make the plays for that system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%